“Honey Wine”

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian, French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Hubby and I stopped here to try the Honey Wine, which we heard so much about. We also tried the Sambosa, which was really tasty a little kick to it, but great. You must stop by and tried the food. Cute atmosphere and good service. Very tentative.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We enjoyed lunch here one a Monday afternoon. It was not crowded and the service was great. Food was very yummy!

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for years now and it has gotten better and has been consistent. Tasty food and a good price! Service is pleasant and helpful with providing food suggestions if needed.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My first Ethiopian meal. Starters were sambosas (same as samosas) tiny but quite enjoyable & the wonderfully named Timatim Fitfit : injera - a huge (15" diameter ?) flat pancake wrapped around various dressed salad - quite refreshing

With the main courses, we did not fare so well . Another huge pancake with both main courses arranged on it
The special tibs - lamb & peppers was good. The combo was very varied . Some of it extremely unattractive - like someone had placed dollops of vomit or worse around the pancake. (Just as well the restaurant was very dimly lit) Mostly it tasted ok
It was served with - you've guessed 2 extra pancakes.

Service was friendly & efficient

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We eat Ethiopian food when we get the chance which isn't often enough. I found this place in Greenwich Village, saw the TripAdvisor sign, and decided to try it for dinner.
It was very crowded and there was a very noisy group right next to us which didn't make the atmosphere very good.
My daughters shared a vegetarian platter. The Miser Alech was a bit bland but the rest were very good. My partner and I love lamb tibs, so we had Special Tibs (lamb) and the waiter suggested Tibs Wat (beef). The lamb was very good though the beef average - not a lot of flavour. There was plenty of injera and my partner enjoyed his Ethiopian beer.