“Simply fantastic”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Very creative, unpretentious and simply stunning cuisine in a very nice setting.
Of course you're looking at a very expensive dinner here (around 220$ per person) - but it is worth every penny. If you have a special occasion coming up, do try it out - you won't regret. Try the tuna with fois gras, the lobster lasagne, ... Everything was fantastic really. And we loved the Austrian wine!
Getting a table can be a bit tricky - easiest if you book exactly one month in advance via opentable

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Every time we come to New York we have lunch here.Sometimes you look at the menu and wonder how the different tastes could possibly go together.They always do.In December I had their surf and turf-sea urchin and bone marrow.Fantastic.
If you love seafood you definitely must come here.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were there for the first time just yesterday and I can't wait to go back! The service is impeccable, the food is unbelievably good. We had the three courses with wine paring and we felt sorry that we didn't try the tasting menu with 7 courses. I had tuna tartare, incredible, and Dover sole, fantastic. I got to try from my husband the scallops, so good that I had tears in my eyes, and the lobster, great as well. I didn't care too much for the desert, but I don't love sweets in general, so I'm not the right person to judge.... The sommelier selected the glasses of wine for the paring with our orders and he did a great job! We will be back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I went to Le Bernardin last year for my birthday. It has been on my foodie bucket list for some time, and we finally decided it was time and made reservations. Note that if you want a prime time dinner reservation, you need to book as far in advance as they will let you. By far the best meal of my life, only made better by the wine pairing. Service was incredible. One of our courses came out later than planned(Which we didn't notice at all due to food bliss) and they comped us a glass of wine each to make up for it.
A must for any fish fans visiting NYC.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had to make reservations a month in advance and was looking forward to enjoying great seafood at this highly acclaimed restaurant. The food did not disappoint, the salmon starter was so delicious I found it hard to stop going for it. Both the grilled cod and pan roasted monkfish was very nicely done but our favourite dish was the roasted pineapple, guava jam, yuzu-coconut sorbet dessert. Would come back just for this, and the salmon starter of course.