“Still one of my favorites!”

Don Giovanni Ristorante
Ranked #783 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$75
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Don Giovanni has been serving delicious, affordable Italian cuisine in the Theater District for almost a quarter of a century. We are wholly a family affair, and our traditional Neapolitan restaurant boasts both a warm atmospheres and a lovely outdoor cafe. Pizzas are Don Giovanni’s specialty, with over twenty to choose from. Baked in our old fashioned coal fired brick oven, the dough is thin, crisp, and bursting with flavor. Fan favorites include our traditional Margherita Pizza, Quattro Formaggi, Pizza Pomodori, and White Clam Pizza. Don Giovanni has established itself as Time Square's best bargain and the premier place for delicious Italian cuisine. Don Giovanni Ristorante accepts orders online for pickup and delivery.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is probably the best brick oven pizza I've ever eaten, period. I took my mom there for dinner on her first trip to the city and she really enjoyed it. They were in the process of heating the oven back up for dinner, so we got an appetizer and hung out and waited. It wasn't that long before the pizzas were in and then at our table. They were delicious, as always. This is a must stop for me whenever I'm in the city.

2  Thank Jean and Matt H

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Food was delicious and staff extremely friendly and helpful. You've hot to try the pizza - we r still raving about it / and the pasta too! You gotta eat here when in NYC

2  Thank Booboo727
Reviewed 31 July 2014

While waiting to go see America got talent at radio city,my family and I stopped by for a late lunch.
We frequently.eat at don GIOVANNI when we are in the theater district.it is closet to NINTH avenue.
The atmosphere of the restaurant fits the area. The waitress was friendly and courteous.The friedcalamari was ok at best,but the clam pie was delicious.The PIE was full of CLAMS fresh cheese and herbs.it's baked in a brick OVEN which gave it a great taste.o
I recommend to visit the restaurant if you are in the area.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my second time eating here on a NYC trip – and both times were great. The food is authentic and tasty. The dishes are huge, you could easily share one with someone. The prices are very reasonable. The service leaves something to be desired, but they still got me the food while hot and my drink while cold, so I'll manage (service in NYC as a whole is not very good).
I’m sure I’ll return next time I’m in the city.

1  Thank KatieG958
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The atmosphere was good and we enjoyed the food. It was all let down by the attitude of the waiter and I would suggest that staff (or at least him) get some training in customer service and courtesy. The tip issue is a problem as here they made clear to us what they expected regardless of poor service. We only had two similar experiences when in the US and these both left us feeling humiliated.We reported our experience to our hotel concierge later that evening as we were quite shaken by his attitude. I do think that the American system of 'tipping' is problematic. Please pay proper wages and make tipping optional! 20% plus taxes on top of the meal for poor service is not on!