“Good Food in a Very Convenient Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3,474 of 13,481 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: A, C, E, N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3 & 7 trains to 42nd Street.
Description: Angus' Cafe Bistro is a one hundred-sixty seat, full-service eatery located in the heart of New York City's bustling Times Square. Given its proximity to several Broadway theaters, the pre-show dinner seating is the restaurant's busiest, but before or after is the time to take advantage of the restaurant's charm for either a relaxing lunch or dinner without the pressure of an impending curtain. Additionally, the restaurant offers several attractive features including a bargain prix fixe lunch menu, an irresistible late night snack menu and the house specialty: a porterhouse steak for two which includes unlimited wine by the glass if you order it after 8pm. Brunch is served all weekend long and private parties/special events of all shapes and sizes are willingly and expertly accommodated.
Atlantic City
“Good Food in a Very Convenient Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Went to dinner between Broadway shows. Had a reservation on a Saturday evening. We were seated promptly and had an excellent view of 44th Street. The service, the food and the drinks were all wonderful. The menu is not extensive, but the fare has a homey comfort to it. I definitely recommend.

Centreville, Virginia
“Rushed but good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Have been here 15 times over past decade. Something has gone down with quality - The buttermilk chicken had fatty skin and looked so sad on its bed of potatoes. My husband's salmon was tiny and overdone. The best thing was the brownie dessert. We have always chosen Angus for its location, but will probably look elsewhere next trip. They are always crowded so do not need our custom.

Visited March 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Can't Wait to Go Back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The tiny little bistro is wonderful. The service was great. Arrived earlier then the reservation and not the entire party was present but it was no problem we were seated right away. Started out with a Pegu cocktail which was fabulous so I had another one!

I had ordered the Spicy Conch Chowder as a starter. The chowder was not too spicy and it was thick and good.

For the entrée I had Moules Frites with the spicy tomato sauce. I was surprised by the amount of mussels--a very good dish. In fact I wish I had bread to soak up the broth.

To end the meal I had sticky toffee bread pudding which was very good--not to heavy.

I would go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat.

Visited March 2014
“Delicious French food that appealed to parents and picky kids. Table for 8 no wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We were in busy Times Square on a Friday night with 8 people, and waked right in to the cafe and we were sat right away. Highly recommend truffle fries, steak w herb butter, house Cabernet and the creme brûlée was to die for. Mac and cheese creamy and house made. Great attentive service and our kids loved it too.

Tamaqua, PA
“Skip It”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I recognize that each person has their own experience and rates it here on TripAdvisor, but I can't imagine anyone recommending this restaurant. It's not inexpensive enough to be a super bargain and there's nothing nice enough to recommend to anyone you don't hate.

We went after a show. The place was empty except for one table. We got the porterhouse-for-two special. It came with three sides, but not for two people so we got one small bowl of salad, one potato, etc. Keep in mind we weren't splitting a meal, we ordered the $77 steak for two. It did come with all you can drink house wine, but trust me, you can't drink a lot. The steak was average, the service was average. I think I could have randomly picked another restaurant within 500' and done better no matter which direction I walked. I rarely say this....but skip this place.