“Fresh and tasty”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had a birthday dinner there last week with family. Great selection of fresh sushi, sashimi and rolls. Fish was tender and perfectly prepared. Service was excellent too. I can't wait to go back again next time I'm in midtown Manhattan.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

the food and service is excellent special sashimie thank you every one and special thanks to chief , It is s pleasure to eat in a restaurant where the sound level is low and it is easy to carry on a conversation with people at your table. Service is excellent and friendly

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I was lucky enough to snag the very last seat during a busy lunch hour and was seated at the bar. I ordered their Box of Dreams and was impressed with the presentation and the taste. However, my server only came by twice, once to take my order and once to give me the check and it was impossible to order anything else for a few reasons. First, the sushi chefs were, understandably, too busy to take care of the sushi bar customers. Second, the wait staff was too busy to tend to the sushi bar, because they too were busy. So be aware and go knowing that you might not receive the service you expect for a pricey lunch. If you go with that in mind, you should be able to enjoy the great food. I highly suggest making reservations!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Went for the lunchtime special sashimi - 7 types of fish - all in perfect gleaming condition & presented to perfection. Even the accompanying ginger was delightfully flavoured with a succulent texture. They open midday. I arrived 5 past & had to wait 20 minutes but it was certainly worth the wait. Best to book. It is totally authentic. The meals just fly out. I easily finished within 45 minutes.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The place is not the most modern, although it is quite nice. Service is good, food is excellent with super high quality fish in anything you order. Don't expect modern rolls with crazy sauces, this is more of a traditional sushi place.

For me the box of dreams is the best value, and best way to discover what they are able to do. 9 portions of raw fish each with their rice (chirashi style) for 45 USD.
All the fishes were sublime, high quality, interesting and expensive cuts. I think they also change the content of the box based on what they have although some of the portions seem to be staples (Uni + Ikura for example)

I've been going to Hatsuhana, almost every time I come to NYC for the last 25+ years.
I started going there with my dad, and I cant wait to start bringing my daughter there. Hatsuana is this kind of place.