“Maintains Excellence Year After Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Gattopardo

Il Gattopardo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Gattopardo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$45 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th Ave & 6th Ave.
Fairfield County
“Maintains Excellence Year After Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I hadn't been to Il Gattopardo for years and not to the new location. It had been one of my favorite Italian restaurants in NYC. It still is! I love the new location--the beautiful townhouse setting is warm, inviting and beautiful. The restaurant look has definitely been updated and refined in the new location--more sophisticated and beautiful. The food was excellent--everything we had from small pasta appetizer to lamb chop entree was perfectly prepared. Service was excellent once we got seated. I had a reservation for 2 months and when we arrived the restaurant wasn't filled. I went with another woman and we were both very well dressed. The first place they wanted to seat us was next to the service door with empty tables everywhere. We asked for another table and got a better one but not the best. I was very disappointed that i this day and age a sophisticated NYC restaurant would treat 2 well dressed women this way while there were couples everywhere in jeans! That was my only disappointment. Fortunately the food and waiter made up for it. And that is the reason I did not give excellent for service--it was the host that tried to put us in the bad spot.

• Visited December 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Amazing food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We went to Il Gattopardo for lunch on Thanksgiving day and we loved it!!! We all had different dishes and all of them were to die for!!! My son had spaghetti Alfredo, I had pasta with seafood, mom had pasta with pork and dad lasagna! All of them were just perfect!!! Service was friendly and we will definitely go back!!

• Visited December 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We went to Il Gattopardo on Thanksgiving and we had the small meatball lasagna and the spicy rigatoni. It was delicious and just writing about it makes me want to go back.

Visited November 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Rude with good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We were 12 minutes late for our reservations because we were waiting for Godot. The maître d announced briskly "If you want to eat here you have one minute to order!" We had a minute, so we accepted. The maître d and our waiter were fortunately not related...at least in demeanor and personality. The waiter was polite. He brought us a wonderful wine that was under $70. Rigatoni was delightfully spicy, and the beef and veal meatballs were outa this world. The spaghetti with shaved truffles was the maître d's revenge. He shaved a paucity of white truffles that barely made it to the plate. Our punishment at $80 for an half order was indeed punishing. The place is elegant, as I am sure are the regulars. But we won't go back, even if Godot is there waiting for us.

2 Thank Chuck N
DC
“Italian with charm and a nice buz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I came back here this month after a first visit last year with my wife. Warm ambiance with a nice busy buz but not overly hectic or loud. Food is solid Italian but not overly traditional. My appetizer of meatballs wrapped in cabbage leaves and pasta with bottarga and garlic where very well done. Wines by the glass were very good but a tad limited in choice. Best to have a reservation bu there are a few small tables at the bar.

• Visited November 2013