“Finally Made it to Keens”
Review of Keens Steakhouse

Keens Steakhouse
Ranked #78 of 15,870 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th
Transit: N, R F, Q, B, D A,C,E & 1,2,3,9 on 34th Street
Description: Keens Steakhouse, a classic New York chophouse, was already famous for its steaks and chops at the turn of the century. Founded in 1885, Keens has 90,000 clay pipes that line the ceilings – pipes once smoked by customers after dinner. Today Keens legendary mutton chops and dry aged prime steaks are still without equal in the city.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've lived in New York for 5+ years and my husband and I finally made a reservation for Keens. All around, it was a spectacular experience. The servers were attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable, and the food was spectacular. For appetizers we had the lump crab meat cocktail and baked oysters with asparagus, crab, and hollandaise. Both were terrific and not too filling before a big meal. We split the Porterhouse for two, which was incredible - perfectly prepared and extremely well seasoned. We had the carrots with brown butter and baby boiled potatoes with butter, well cooked and flavorful. I had the creme brulee for dessert and my husband had an affogato, neither disappointed.

Awesome atmosphere, amazing food, fantastic overall experience. If you're visiting from out of town - or even if you've lived here for years and never gone - put this New York institution on your list.

1  Thank awoakes
Write a ReviewReviews (6,070)

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We came here for a late dinner and had absolutely top notch service. Food was outstanding. A great place.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We visited this steakhouse based on Trip Advisor reviews and definitely not disappointed with quality. The filet mignon was melt in your mouth stuff. Absolutely divine. Great atmosphere inside and super efficient service. The only reason I hold back on 5 stars is the cost (definitely at the high end) and downstairs the tables are a bit too close together for my liking. If it's a busy night (and I get the impression it's always popular) you end up feeling like you're eating at the same table as the people beside you.
Overall I would still highly recommend for the quality of meal.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We loved our late lunch at Keens'. Wonderful service, lovely atmosphere, great food. Even our teeanagers enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Keen's doesn't get its fair share of mentions on NYC "best steakhouse" lists and it's a shame. This is one of the finest old-school steakhouses in NYC. Multi-floored, multi-room, multi-bar place with so much character. I visit every time I'm in NYC. Steaks are cooked to PERFECTION. Don't miss the pipe bar.