“Bacon”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
“Bacon”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I used our new TripAdvisor app to find this place. Atmosphere was hopping when we walked in so that was a good indication. Staff was attentive. Had a good crunchy (panko) calamari appetizer with good arugula.
I had the double BLT with avocado. Sourdough bread and crunchy bacon made the sandwhich awesome. My wife had the veggie burger which was lacking a good dressing. (Needed some type of mayo.)
Nice beer and wine selection, fresh.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ct
“Great breakfast - midweek no line”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It's actually kind of amazing that a restaurant specializing in breakfast and brunch is ranked 350 out of almost 12,000 restaurants in NYC. So regardless of the complaints about waiting - obviously people think it's worth the wait.

That said, this was my first visit, and we did not wait. We went on a Thursday morning before a holiday weekend and I think the city was pretty quiet as a result. Good luck for us. We were seated right away and had a great meal. I had one of the two breakfast sandwiches (the one that did not have pesto), and it was great. The orange juice was fresh. The decor was country. Service was fast and the food was unique for NYC and delicious.

Exactly what we expected.

North Westchester, Connecticut
“A sweet place for a lite meal.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visiting our daughter in NYC, she brought us to Penelope. Its a small, cute café that serves up great salads and lite meals. Truth be told: its more of a female place, but I felt very much at home with my wife and daughter. It was crowded with a wait but we opted for the bar stools and were very happy. The bar-ister was superb, poured me a tall pale ale, made excellent recommendations, food arrived timely and was delicious. The decibel level is a bit high but that's a sign of happy diners, right?

This is a great place for a lighter dinner and I hear the breakfasts are great, if you can get in.

We will go again for sure.

trinidad
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a good breakfast there a year ago while visiting NYC, staff is really friendly and the place is cozy and very busy. However we returned to NYC this June and popped in for a quick dinner, while the service remains good, the food was just horrible. Risotto was the dish of the day, it was really badly made, and the flavor was awful. This place just gets too much hype.And does not deliver.

“Delicious breakfast ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect for breakfast. Food was great, very fresh and delicious and service was fast and friendly. We got there early and were able to sit immediately but it was very crowded by the time we left. I would recommend going early in morning for breakfast.