“Would not go back there”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
New York City, New York
“Would not go back there”
Reviewed 15 November 2007

My wife and a friend agreed to meet there before a show in Madison Square Garden. I made a reservation for 6:15 on my name we were going to have something quick since the show started at 7:00

I arrived almost on time and was sat to a large table on the hall to the right of the entrance. I sat there for 35 minutes and had a drink (rasberry lemon vodka, which was so so). My friend finally arrived and I told her that my wife was probably on the train from NJ and something must have delayed her. We called her cell at 7:00 and she had been waiting in the dinig hall for 45 minutes!!! The hostess had given us different tables in the two different halls and we had been sitting there.

We ended up missing the show, so we ordered some food. The meat is way overcooked so order lower cooked than you usually do. The steak was OK but not great. As an apology they removed the drink me and my wife had before the mixup, which in my opinion does not even come close to making up for what they did. The tab was as expensive as any other good restaurant in NY but definitively not worth it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you must eat near MSG, eat here.”
Reviewed 9 November 2007

If you must eat near MSG, eat here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New Haven
“Tupelo Grill dinner”
Reviewed 13 October 2006

We ate here before the Streisand concert at the Garden and liked it very much. The servers were very attentive. We started with an excellent Caesar salad and had Halibut and Roast Chicken as our main courses. Both dishes were done as we had requested. It is alittle pricey, but this is the nicest place around the Garden. Otherwise just pubs and fast food.