“A great Place to eat”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 56th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue
Transit: N/R line to 7th Avenue and 57th Street F line to 6th Avenue and 57th Street 4,5,6 to 59th Street and Lexington Avenue
Description: Appealing and inviting, that’s the great open fire cooking served up by acclaimed Chef Waldy Malouf at Beacon Restaurant. The bold flavors of Malouf’s cuisine are in perfect harmony with this high-energy atmosphere. Dishes like Wood Roasted Oysters with Shallots and Suckling Pig with Bitter Chocolate waken and delight the senses. Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, Beacon’s open kitchen lets guests in on the action- and with a seat in “The Pit,” you’ll have the ultimate view of kitchen activities. Celebrate or relax with a cocktail from Beacon’s adventurous specialty drinks menu, which features tempting house creations as well as tried and true classics. Sleek and sophisticated, there are plenty of reasons why Beacon’s dining room has been full since opening in 1999.
McLean, Virginia
“A great Place to eat”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Beacon Is another one of those standard eateries for our family. The prices are fair, the food is thoughtful and tasty and the restaurant is extremely family friendly.

Visited August 2012

Western Mass
“Beacon Disappoints”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Your Review:

Went to Beacon in July. Had a disappointing $100.00 lunch with two others. Out of our first dessert choice, offered a different one. Waitress came back a second time to say they were out of the one we were just offered. Dessert that was brought (3rd choice) was overly sweet and too heavy for summertime consumption. Wine ($15.00 glass) cleared before we were done, when we asked the busser if he mistakenly took the wine, he said yes and retrieved it from a tray of dirty dishes! Contacted management/chef who apologized and offered to refund check and give gift certificate. Sounds nice, right? 6 weeks and one reminder later, no such accomodation ever made. Beacon doesn't keep it's promise. Definitely find better food and service elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank dpa
Vienna, Virginia
“Beware - Tourist Trap”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The Beacon is a tourist trap, and it is expensive given the poor quality of the food. We ate here on a Thursday night at 6:30pm because it was convenient as we had just arrived in New York for a three day stay. It took 50 minutes for our appetizer and two kid's hamburgers to arrive, and the hamburgers were raw. When we complained the manager said he would not charge us for the two hamburgers, but it still cost us $65 for a glass of wine and one appetizer. New York is full of good and great restaurants, so I would recommend that you not bother with Beacon. We will certainly not eat here again.

• Visited August 2012
Brisbane
“Good restaurant, great service”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was a restaurant with pleasant art deco furnishings and decor. The food was of good quality, well presented. Service from our waiter, Adam, was first class. Our best dining experience on vacation in NYC.

Visited July 2012
Dandridge, Tennessee
“One of My All-Time Favorites”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Beacon has been a favorite restaurant of mine for years now, and I make it a point to go back whenever I'm in NYC. I've had excellent service there on multiple visits, and the food has always been outstanding.

Most recently, I went with my fiance and teenage stepdaughter for an early dinner after a day exploring NYC. We had the wood-grilled oysters and the flatbread pizza as appetizers, and they were both excellent. All entrees are served a la carte - I had the filet, my fiance had the special, which was spicy scallops, and our daughter had the Beacon burger. Our side dish was the garlic fries. Everything was delicious. My steak was perfectly cooked, the scallops were some of the best I've ever had, and the Beacon burger was very good.

I wish we'd saved room for dessert, because I know that chocolate chip souffle is just phenomenal, but we were just stuffed. I highly recommend Beacon for a dinner out, though it is a little expensive.

• Visited July 2012