“Delicious, Generous Portions with Buffalo prices in Manhattan!”
Review of Azuri Cafe

Azuri Cafe
Ranked #3,977 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Buffalo
“Delicious, Generous Portions with Buffalo prices in Manhattan!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband, twenty year old son and I had dinner here. The place is very small - just a few tables and the kitchen. The portions are enough to overfill us elders and to satisfy the college boy, too. We had shwarma in a pita and shish ke bab - along with three colas, and we spent $30.00. I consider this very reasonable for Manhattan! The owner is not unfriendly, just not effusive. The restaurant is clean and so is the tiny bathroom. This is a fine choice for a tasty and generously sized meal. I will return.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Charlotte,NC
“A little gem...”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Was skeptical based on other reviews, but went anyway since it is nearby. It was Monday at lunch and not yet busy when my husband and I went. The owner was charming, friendly and helpful in guiding us with suggestions from the menu. Yes, that is right...he was charming and friendly! Food was fresh and full of those wonderful middle eastern spices. Falafel plate was very nice as was my husbands chicken kebab pita. We sat at one of the little tables inside and enjoyed our food. Will go back there again this week!!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We had a very good shuwarma with delicious sallads. The owner Ezra from Jerusalem showed up to be a very nice guy. Jakob from Israel

New York, NY
“Azuri : Good Kosher”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I've read the reviews here and don't really understand why some are so negative. I tried several dishes from here, most were ok, but the baba ganoush was truly exceptional, it had a very nice complex flavor. The salads were also quite good and fresh and I felt good after eating the food here, it's not heavy or fatty, unlike many restaurants that try to make their food taste better by using butter and fats. While the atmosphere isn't fancy, who cares? I go to restaurants for the food. I'll definitely be returning for more.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Palatyne
El Cerrito, California
“Terrible in every way!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I'm confused by the positive reviews here because the falafel is below average at best! and not worth the visit! The cramped location combined with the horrible service makes this one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to. My husband loves "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants so I came here with moderate expectations but with hopes that the good reviews I saw on this site and on Yelp would more than make up for the setting.

Terrible food, rude service and uncomfortable dining experience overall!

Visited February 2011