“Consistently good”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Every one or two years my family visit NYC just for some shopping and good food. We always find out way to eat here whether its lunch or dinner. Although the place can be busy during lunch time and dinner time it's still worth the wait. Best is to arrive around 11am for lunch and 5pm for dinner. Will definitely be back on our next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was a regular here at lunch, both dining in and taking out back to my desk. They have delicious Kata-yakisoba... was my fave, just chock full of fresh, stir-fried veggies and crispy noodles! I am moving south but will need to make a trip to Manahttan for one more dose of Menchanko-Tei! Reasonably priced and very filling! Also went for dinner after the MoMA or viewing Christmas decorations. Love the Kimchee with pork appetizer! Will accomodate vegetarian diet if you order a dish that has meat/seafood in it. Can't go wrong if you love noodles!

Reviewed 3 December 2012

For some reason, I am always drawn back to Menchanko-Tei when I visit New York. It is very close to MOMA so after a morning of museum it is a great place for lunch. And I only seem to go in the winter because the soups are so nice and hot. It is fairly small but I have never had to wait very long to get in. The service is always good and the spicy Ramen is a real treat.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Ate there at their lunch special, excellant curry, prety good Gioza and nice noodle soup and vegtable. Great value quality

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Ate here with friends before catching a Broadway play. The place is deceptively well hidden, but well worth the effort to find! The restaurant itself is tiny, but the ramen packs wonderful flavor for a reasonable price. The service was efficient and fast. We didnt try anything other than the noodles. The Spicy Miso is highly recommended!

1  Thank E30pedro