“Very enjoyable meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Convivio - CLOSED

Convivio
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Midtown
“Very enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

My husband and I recently enjoyed a great meal on a busy Saturday night at Convivo. The fixed price $62 meal was great value, truly amazing food in my opinion. My husband said one of his best meals ever. The pork ragu pasta is delicious, as was my lamb and my husbands scallops. Dessert was also so good. The service was so efficient and friendly which we appreciated.
It was very busy and we arrived early. (The only negative was waiting in a very small bar area watching the poor bar tender work like a mad woman by herself).That said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this beautiful restaurant for a special meal.

Seaton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

Convivio was the first of the restaurants that we sampled on a four day break in NYC. We had booked well in advance of our trip, having been drawn to it by an article in the Sunday Times Travel Magazine. However, although the food was OK, they clearly thought that it was better than it actually was. The range of choice was disappointing (too many items which were ethically unsound, e.g. foie gras, veal, etc.), and most seemed to be there to showcase the chef’s versatility, rather than give the diner a wide choice. Having said that, the price for the food was good, $62 for the Prix Fixe menu, but the drinks (one aperitif each, and two bottles of red between four), really boosted the price, making the whole event not terribly good value for money. The service was fine, once we had actually had our order taken, but that only happened a full hour after the time that our table was booked.
All in all, a disappointing experience. I shan’t be back, and I cannot honestly recommend it to anyone else, unless they are easily pleased.

Rye Brook, New York
“Great service; great dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband and I had dinner with another couple last night (Oct. 31, 2010). This restaurant is a little difficult to find--hidden gem in Tudor City--but worth seeking out. It is pricey; however, food, service and atmosphere are worth it. The menu had dishes we didn't know and hadn't seen before. Our waiter was excellent--he explained everything, made suggestions and was totally professional which made the dining experience wonderful. Service at many restaurants today--including expensive, well-known places--is often an afterthought at best. Here service was the star. We look forward to returning to Convivio.

North Yorkshire UK
“Best Italian Meal I have ever had..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Saw this restaurant reviewed in the Sunday Times which prompted us to book whilst we were in New York. Very attractive entrance and elegant restaurant with friendly and welcoming staff. We dressed smartly but there were many people who had come straight from work and others who were casually dressed, so apart from shorts and a t-shirt most things were acceptable. The atmosphere was buzzy and relaxed.
Our waiter explained all the options, either stick to a la carte or have the Tasting Menu. The bread was home made and delicious and extra bread was available if wanted. The food was well presented and tasted wonderful,with everything being perfectly cooked and I would return for the pudding alone. Small doughnuts filled with chocolate custard with an orange sauce dip. So yummy!
Service was excellent, attentive without being intrusive. I would go and eat here again in a heartbeat.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Convivio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

Lovely hidden restaurant, in Tudor City Place, up from the UN building, quiet, shady and elegant. Excelent food and great value for money with the lunch offer ($32) but do not go if you are starving or you will not be satisfied, be warned!