“Mafia hit”
Review of Sparks Steak House

Sparks Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sparks Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #470 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: Nearest Transit: Grand Central - 42 St (7, 7X), Grand Central - 42 St (4, 5, 6, 6X), 51 St (4, 6, 6X).
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Excited to have a meal in the restaurant where Paul Castellano was assassinated outside by one of John Gotti's henchmen......the food was good too

2  Thank Lawrence D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We ate here at Sparks on hotel recommendation. Glad we went here instead of the many other steak houses in NY. The front bar was nice and had old world charm. The vintage décor was that of older style steak houses, which appealed to me. We were greeted promptly, our coats were hung and we were seated near the middle of the room. Our waiter attended to us fast to take our wine order and brought the apps out timely. Prices for most any food in NYC isn't cheap and don't expect to get our of Sparks on a budget but all the food is well prepared and service is excellent. Our steaks were cooked as requested and the sides were all tasty. Wine selection was on par with other steak houses. I will eat again without doubt and recommended to my friends that they try Sparks.

1  Thank Tony K
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

As we are from Orlando we did our research on the best Steaks in Manhattan. Sparks was right up at the top so we made it there. dorst the servers treated us like trash because we didnt come in our business suits. I mean for paying 230 dollars for two we should be treated well. The man never even shared his name. Then my wifes filet came out well undercooked, I mean bleeding red and that pink muscle fiber. To top it all off, the waiter didnt even thank us for dining. The onlt bright spot was the food was decent, but ill stick to Ruth's Chris anyday.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I visited Sparks for a business function. The meal was great. I had Filet Mignon with broccoli, potato and a glass of red. The filet was generous - I couldn't finish it. Our waiter was good natured and attentive. The atmosphere was enjoyable. I can't speak to the price because I did not pay nor see the check. Would visit again (business or otherwise).

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This is the quintessential New York steak house. Charm, yummy food, great place. A New York 'must do'

1  Thank DisneyPrincessAmy