“Good food, but won't return due to rude servers”
Review of Teodora - CLOSED

Teodora
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Good food, but won't return due to rude servers”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Yes, the food was very good and you definitely can tell it was fresh. I did enjoy my meal. However, I will not return because of how blatantly rude the servers were to me and my friend. I am confident there are other italian restaurants nearby that are just as good, but with pleasant service.

When we asked the waiter to split our check, he obnoxiously threw up his hands like we asking him to do something outrageous, and said he can't do it. Another waiter came over and we asked him to split the check and I told him I need an itemized receipt for work. (I must have an itemized receipt or I won't get reimbursed). When we got our checks, we were calculating how much we had already spent of our per diem. The waiter who couldn't split our check walked by and rudely made fun of us in Spanish for using calculators. Hey, Teodora hispanic servers, just because someone is white, DON'T assume he/she can't speak and understand spanish. After all this harassment, they did not bring out an itemized receipt and it was another ordeal to finally get one.

I am a very polite and patient person, and I've even been in customer service before, so I'm not one to complain. Regardless, they had such gall that it motivated me to speak out. You would think New York city of places would understand the concept of per diems and how to split a check. Never again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jzyhsy08

Boca Raton, Florida
“A very pleasant taste of a Italy”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

A snowstorm in New York is a great reason to try a neighborhood restaurant! A phone call reservation is all it took to get a table in this quite busy Italian eatery. Not quite sure why all the service people keep showing up at the table but all are unobtrusive and efficient. A broad menu of Italian dishes for our guest who prefers simple southern Italian red sauce dishes to our new and novel Northern Italian preparations . Lasagna was a winner as well as their veal dishes. Good selection of both Italian and domestic wines at reasonable prices. Looking forward to the next snowstorm in NYC.

PA
“How an Italian meal should be!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Teodora is a relaxing, unpretentious, italian gem. The service is helpful, thoughtful, unhurried, and attentive. The decor is simple and inviting but not a large place. The pastas we had, Fazzoletto and the Strozzapreti, were perfectly made and well prepared, light not doughy at all, with the proper bite and the right amount of sauce and portioning. I rarely make it to dessert because I get filled up by the end of the main entree, but I was so thrilled when I had room for a shared dessert. We had their Ricotta Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce. This is a light textured cheesecake with a lightly sweetened flavorful sauce. Perfecto! Teodora will be on my go to list of New York restaurants.

“A taste of Italy”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We love this little restaurant! It is so homey and comfortable and the food, atmosphere and staff makes us feel like we are in Italy. It is our go to Italian Manahattan especially when the weather is cold we know we will receive a warm welcome from Manuela and the rest of the staff. This place takes great pride in the food and service at the same time keeping the prices very reasonable. We were lucky to have stumbled upon it three years ago and have been regulars ever since. Consistent and reliable. We adore you, Teodora!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“A gem”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was near our hotel on the Upper East Side and recommended by the concierge. A small, friendly place with outstanding home made pasta and excellent fish dishes. Seating downstairs and upstairs. Waiters provided outstanding service, and really seemed to take pride in what they were doing.