“Rude Owner/Manager, declining food and poor service”

Lasagna Ristorante East Side
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Corner of 50th St & 2nd Ave
Transit: Bus M15,M50 &M27 Train 6 to 51 & lex M & E to 53 7 Lex Or Yellow Cab
Description: Our first location opened in 1993. Soon after opening we earned a solid reputation for our great food and great service, always at a great price! We take pride in our management and friendly staff. Our homemade delicious food includes our specialty of 17 different lasagnas baked to order, veal, chicken, fish dishes and pastas of many nations. We also have a full service of wine, beer and liquor bar for our customers to enjoy.
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My other half always complained about the service here. She said she will never step foot in this place again.Today understand why as the Manager went on a tirade against a loyal customer of decade. Everything at this place has crashed.
I would not go here again if you paid me five times my bill.
This guy thinks giving good service is doing you a favor.
Avoid this place like the plague.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had the Lasagna with ground veal. From the restaurant name one could imagine that the Lasagna (obviously the signature dish) would be a good choice.Far wrong, never have I had such a carelessly prepared Lasagna. The sauce lacked any spices and was too watery. It seemed as if the Lasagna never saw an oven from the inside. Lasagna belongs to the kind of food which has to be prepared and cannot not be served totally fresh, like pasta.
Talking about the Pasta:
How is it possible to have more of the (Spaghetti) vongole's meat than actual shells being served on the plate? Either did they not want to serve all the shells with the pasta or just added shell meat from the tin.. Strongly opt for the second suspicion.
Also would a strongly advise the kitchen to have a look at the Spaghetti Carbonara's recipe. It's not cooked ham with a lot of heavy cream but eggs, ham (pancetta) and parmesan (not the one from the tin you get) And NO, what we got cannot be considered as an acceptable interpretation of that dish!
All in all Lasagna reminded me of the overpriced canteen food I enjoyed during sport camps but with a better service and atmosphere.

1  Thank cludvik
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

After a wonderful meal we ordered double tiramisu. Super meal. Fine wine. Excellent service. A great way to enjoy a good meal with friends.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went here with a group of four and we were seated immediately even though it was pretty crowded. Everyone in my group except me ordered pizza. It was okay, but the best meal was mine! I ordered Chicken Lasagna (they have many types of lasagna). It was prepared in an individual dish, like I have had in Italy and was superb! It was fresh and cooked just right. Service was excellent as well.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We recently ate here with a party of 5 people. We sat at a small table outside. There is not much room on the sidewalk, so there are only a few tables outside.

The service was quick and very friendly. All of us enjoyed our meals, which were well prepared and quite large. They were basic classic Italian pasta dishes.

I would recommend this restaurant for those who want a nice causal dinner.