“'When Harry met Sally' over a pastrami sandwich in Katz's Deli”
Review of Katz's Deli

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The best Reuben's (with pastrami) sandwich in the world. We flew five thousand miles to taste it so you better believe that it's good.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

My wife had a pastrami sandwich on rye and they forgot the cheese. I had a Reuben on rye and it was okay. I've had better Rubens and of course I've had worse. If you like crowds and disorganization, this is the place to go

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My family & I were really looking forward to spending Friday, 12/15 in NYC before starting our cruise the next day. One of the main things we wanted to do was go to Katz's for a corn-beef sandwich. My wife & I both ordered corn-beef sandwiches and they turned out to be the worst corn beef sandwiches we've ever had in my life, and I've had some not so good ones. The beef was so dry and tough we could hardly swallow it! How can a place like this have such a good reputation with such bad food?
Corn beef should be tender and juicy and ours was neither! If you're looking for a good corn-beef sandwich when in NYC, I'm sure you can find somewhere much, much better!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We decided to visit katz after seeing it on man vs food and we were not disappointed! It was busy but we were seated and served in reasonable timing. The pastrami hot sandwich was incredible, so tender and full of flavour and the steak chips were also very tasty. Had the traditional New York baked cheesecake for pudding which was to die for!
Katz is a must visit when in NYC!

1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The quality of the food is above question. The pastrami and Philly cheese steak were really, really good. The premises are unadorned, although the patina is nice. Shame they feel they can refuse credit cards at the cash register.