“Culinary heaven”

Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Stanton + Rivington
Transit: F Train to Delancey, JMZ to Essex
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We did the 12 course with wine pairing. Each course is just a couple of bites so even though it seems like a lot of food it is well worth the tiny bites of amazing bits and bobs crafted into art on a plate. I do hope that WD will open another restaurant after closing WD-50 this November. It would be a shame not to be able to have this truly memorable food experience again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I guess 'food' over my palate...portions tiny, hostess rude (even for native NYer) and service indifferent

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Spent $450 for a less than average meal. The building was not nice enough for the price. Waiter began sweeping and cleaning up to leave when we were still eating and another couple just sat. I hate to sound negative but the food was a joke.

1  Thank Jessie0212
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were excited to come here and booked a long way in advance but we left feeling bewildered. We had the "short" tasting menu. It really didn't work. I've tried molecular gastronomy before and I love the exciting textures and intense flavours. This menu had too many jarring / overlapping tastes and flavours in each dish. The sweetbreads to start were bland. The lamb was excellent. The dessert was great but overall? Weird combinations. Our other slight complaint was that the staff, while super friendly are almost incomprehensible. Both of us strained to hear anything they said ( neither of us are deaf and the restaurant wasn't loud!) it wasn't a terrible meal, don't get me wrong, it was just disappointing given the build up and the cost.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We enjoyed the 15 course with wine tasting very much. My friend thought the desserts had too much sugar though. The dishes were small but the wine was very generous. It is a good idea to not go on an empty stomach as I foolishly did. The wine will get to you so take your time! The artistry of the food was very appealing and it was like eating art! I was very impressed by the service as there was always someone right there to switch your silverware and give you a new course without being at all intrusive. It made the tempo of the dinner very pleasant. It was a great experience and I believe everyone should try it, (at least once).