“Great location and awesome customer service!!! We will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #132 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Great location and awesome customer service!!! We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for us! Easy to find, close to the train and metro stations and a great price! Booking was easy and the staff was wonderful!! Adrian the bar tender was very friendly and informative as well as yelissa the hostess who helped us plan travel paths and organize trips!!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Contessa B
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We do try to provide excellent service to all of our guests. Our goal is not only to meet but to exceed expectations of our guests. Thank you for the wonderful comments about Adrian, Yelissa and the rest of our staff. I will certainly share your feedback with them. Please let us know when you do return, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apples.

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Matawan, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The front desk lady is very nice. Is a nice swanky hotel. Very modern and updated BUT..when I booked I did especially because it said there was a sofa bed. Got here....I'm writing this from the room...no sofa bed. So the overall got a low score because the description is false. I even asked if there was a bigger room with a sofa bed and the nice lady said no. Otherwise every person I met that works here is awesome, extremely friendly and very professional! Seriously. I'd still start here again even though the sofa bed isn't here.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Graciecakes324
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The reasons I chose this hotel were the good location, and the reasonable price for a room that offered two queen sized beds (I was sharing with my Mum). And we had a very good 4 night stay. Friendly staff (James and Kevin were particularly helpful, but all the staff were). I always make a decision on the room when I open the door - is it below expectations or does it match or exceed expectations? When I opened the door I was immediately happy - a nice large clean room. We were only on the 5th floor so didn't have great views but then we didn't spend much time in the room. Good to have an in-room safe amongst the room amenities. An enjoyable stay.

2 Thank SJBSurrey
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the room and amenities of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was situated in a handy part of town but a very busy area.
After the first night sleeping at the hotel in room 416 we woke up with bed bugs in our bed.
We told the front desk personnel and they assured us that they would change all the bedding and the problem would be resolved. Only apologies were offered by the hotel management and we accepted them in good faith. However a few days later we woke up with bugs in the bed again as well as blood from where we had slept on them.
We also both had rashes up our arms.
I had bought new makeup which I thought had made me break out but on looking back I believe it was from the bugs as back home in Australia I tried the cosmetics again and had no reaction.
We reported the second bed bug attack at 7.20 am and we asked that the clothes in the wardrobe be cleaned.a young person -the director of housekeeping - came to look at the problem and said it would all be cleaned but being a Saturday it would be hard to find a dry-cleaner and we were handed money and washing powder to put into the washing machine to wash our own clothes. Having completed all our washing and ironing the day before we were not prepared to do it ourselves again and they finally put it in the washing machine and dryer. Of course, if there were any bed bug eggs they too would have gone into the washing machine. As the day progressed so did the attitude of the hotel management they now refuse to iron the washed and dried clothes which we had to do.
It took till after 2 pm in the afternoon to get established that they would be able to get our things dry cleaned and washed and we were moved to the 25 th floor.
On this day we were to go to a friend's daughters graduation party for gaining her Masters degree but because of the time taken to work out details and no clothes to wear, we were too late to go. We had come all the way from Australia so we could go and we were unable to get there, very disappointing.

There were other problems with a car service that was booked for us, that took a week to resolve.
The other thing we found strange was that there was no real restaurant- only a cafeteria.

After the second bed bug incident we emailed our travel agent with a copy to both the hotel sales manager and guess service manager stating our problem and to date no response has been received from the hotel management. I am very disappointed with the lack of response from such a well known hotel chain. It appears they are simply not interested. I have no reason to ever return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank BOges0591
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We would like to apologize for the problems you encountered with the bed bugs in your room and the problem you had with car service to your destination in Brooklyn. I am sorry for the delay in responding to your concerns. I understand you reported these issues to Assistant Manager who changed your room, had all your clothing laundered and dry cleaned and took care of your return transportation to the airport. We did put the room out of service, did an investigation for evidence of bed bugs, and had the room treated by an Exterminator for 3 days. Since our hotel opening in May of last year, we have never had an issue with bed bugs brought into our hotel. With a transient hotel such as ours in New York, bed bugs can be brought in by other guests. This issue was also brought up to our Executive Housekeeper and their entire staff to improve their inspections of the rooms, so this does not occur again. Again, please accept our apologies and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this very nice hotel with my family last week for five days. Had a great time,great location,rooms clean,staff friendly and helpfull UNTIL i decided to use their concierge services to book my airport transfer. The lady ( Maria) appeared very professional and friendly throughout the booking process so at no point i felt the need to question her job and check the receipt. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE!! I wanted pick up at 4:35AM instead she booked it 4:35PM leaving myself and my family ( four ladies) and seven heavy bags with no transportation,no refund, in the street trying to get two taxis, for which I had to now find extra cash to pay for,desperately trying to get to the airport on time and not miss my flight back to the UK. Needless to say that my great time at this hotel finished in a very stressful manner.
What if I had spent all my holiday cash?? How would i pay for the taxis when the hotel refused to give a refund ??
Worse still, after various phone call attempts and an email to the manager,still no reply at all.
Clearly it seems that after you leave the premises they don`t care.
I don`t honestly expect them to do the decent thing and refund my $155, all i want is that other guests don`t trust them the way i did.

Regards

David M.

3 Thank David M
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered, when our Concierge booked the wrong time for your car service. Once we were informed of the error, we immediately contacted the Concierge company to issue you a refund check and contact you directly for a mailing address to send you the check. You should be receiving the refund check in the mail soon. If you do not receive the check within the next week, please let me know, so I can follow up with our Concierge services. Again, we apologize for the error, if there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

David Lew
Director of Guest Services.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Could not fault this hotel. Rooms we're clean (although very small) and well stocked. Real comfortable beds too. Stayed on 10th floor near the lifts and had no noise problems. Lifts were quick enough and didn't hear any street noise at all from our room. Every staff member we encountered was extremely pleasant and helpful. We found it a good location to walk to a Times Square, the Port bus Authority, Penn Station and Subway close too. Found lots of great restaurants in 9th Street which was an easy walk. Actually felt very safe on public transport and walking around day and at night, but didn't use the subway after dark. Price for hotel wasn't cheap but found it hard to get room with 2 queen beds for family of four (2 over 6" tall) so this was the best one.
Read reviews prior to booking this and any other hotel on our US trip, and found no bad things about this NY one.

Room Tip: High floor
3 Thank LANDCRUISER4
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Our Staff and i take great pride in providing excellent service to all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Werrington NSW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We found this hotel perfect for our family. We had 3 rooms-2 connecting. Location was great as we could walk to Times Square, Broadway, Macy's and many city icons. Penn subway and Amtrak stations were walking distance too. Hotel foyer is simple but ample. There is a snack bistro/bar and small convenience 'shop'. The laundry is nice and clean-you need a good supply of quarters for the machines(you can purchase coins from front desk).
Rooms are not big but are very comfortable and clean. Loved having a bath and the shower worked well too. This hotel is very reasonably priced because it is off 8th Avenue-not the high end of town. There were the usual bustling city noises but they didn't bother us or disturb our sleep! Staff were friendly and helpful. We would choose this hotel again.

1 Thank Sue G
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West and booking 3 rooms for you and your family. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you would return to our property on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Big Apple.