“Very nice staff and hotel”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #153 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff was incredibly nice and helpfull; all of them but specially María Pozo.
They explained us lots of things and plans to have fun in NY. They also held many conversation in fluent Spanish. Finally they arranged for a limousine to go to the airport instead of a normal van and they managed to recover a litte suitcase forgotten inside!!!
In addition the hotel is very well place to enjoy very much NY, just near the corner 8th AV & 37th St. Really eassy to check In/out and with a lovely team (room cleaners, waitress, recepcionists, baggage assistant,...)

Room Tip: inside rooms have boring views to the back of other buildings. If possible ask for external.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank José G
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West for your trip to New York. I am glad to hear Maria our Assistant Manager and the rest of our Staff were able to take care of all your needs. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the United States.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a nice stay although had a few minor bumps. Any time I brought something to the attention of the front desk it was taken care of quickly and thoroughly!

Ryan the Bellman was wonderful. I had to store my presentation materials prior to leaving for the airport. He made sure when I called later in the day from the conference center, to have them ready by the hotel entry. I was in a rush to go from one location quickly to the airport. When I arrived at the hotel with my taxi, to go on further to the airport, there they were with Ryan beside them! Made my connection even though it was close!

All of the front desk staff were kind in helping me get around to all my accounts in the Manhattan area. They told me best routes, transportation, shows, and restaurants to try. It was especially nice when I wanted to do NON-tourist activities as well.

Thanks again, all of you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nia G

Wow, Thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding our Associates. I will certainly share your comments with Ryan and the rest of the Staff so they know they provided excellent service during your stay with us. We take great pride in trying to exceed expectations from our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Director of Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard for two nights on the 4th of July and I had a great stay! Check-in was quick and the young lady was very friendly and told me about all the details of the hotel. The room was small compared to the New York Marquis I stayed at last time but the setup was nice with a king bed, tv, desk, and wardrobe which had a small fridge inside. The room was very clean and the location is great. I was able to walk from Penn Station and also to the theatre district and Times Square. The train is close by too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank MsNikkiT
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us for the 4rth of July weekend. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the services from our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Their customer service was excellent, specifically Gisella at the front desk and Christina at concierge. From greeting us and acknowledging our loyalty to helping us find dry cleaning services with the hotel and Broadway shows for entertainment, both were very helpful and we look forward to booking our next NY stay here.

1  Thank Basketballfan1123

We appreciate all the positive comments here Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for us! Easy to find, close to the train and metro stations and a great price! Booking was easy and the staff was wonderful!! Adrian the bar tender was very friendly and informative as well as yelissa the hostess who helped us plan travel paths and organize trips!!! We will be back!!!

2  Thank Contessa B

We do try to provide excellent service to all of our guests. Our goal is not only to meet but to exceed expectations of our guests. Thank you for the wonderful comments about Adrian, Yelissa and the rest of our staff. I will certainly share your feedback with them. Please let us know when you do return, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apples.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The front desk lady is very nice. Is a nice swanky hotel. Very modern and updated BUT..when I booked I did especially because it said there was a sofa bed. Got here....I'm writing this from the room...no sofa bed. So the overall got a low score because the description is false. I even asked if there was a bigger room with a sofa bed and the nice lady said no. Otherwise every person I met that works here is awesome, extremely friendly and very professional! Seriously. I'd still start here again even though the sofa bed isn't here.

2  Thank Graciecakes324
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The reasons I chose this hotel were the good location, and the reasonable price for a room that offered two queen sized beds (I was sharing with my Mum). And we had a very good 4 night stay. Friendly staff (James and Kevin were particularly helpful, but all the staff were). I always make a decision on the room when I open the door - is it below expectations or does it match or exceed expectations? When I opened the door I was immediately happy - a nice large clean room. We were only on the 5th floor so didn't have great views but then we didn't spend much time in the room. Good to have an in-room safe amongst the room amenities. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SJBSurrey

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the room and amenities of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.