Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
Ranked #137 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Denver, Colorado
“Great staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Even though I was there for only one night this time, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Jina from front desk call up to my room after I checked in to make sure everything was okay which was first for me and I have stayed at lot of hotels in my time and the bellmen James and Ryan could not have been more helpful. James walk a 2 blocks with me in a middle of rush hour to get me a cab for me to get to ferry station so my sister wouldn't have to wait too long for me on the other side. :-)

I highly recommended anyone visiting New York City to stay at this hotel. The hotel is very clean and very up to date. Not very far from Time square but far enough away for all the noise. It was a great experience!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank indiafanjo
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Providing great service so guests can have a wonderful experience is the way we operate our hotel at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Thank you for the great comments regarding Jina, James and Ryan. They are all excellent Associates that always go out of their way to create a great experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel, and it was nice. But the front staff was great. I have to call out James, great smile, cute, and very attentive.... he was right on point with everything I needed. Ryan was as well very helpful, and had positive attitude and most importantly he help me with a great smile on his face. Awesome work guys. I told you guys I would write a nice review!!! Thanks for all the help.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cristina A
We do receive many nice comments regarding the service provided by our Bell Staff. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the excellent service you experienced. I will certainly share them with James, Ryan and the rest of our Staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Look no further than this hotel at central new york. My room was on the 16th floor overlooking the town. My god how this city does not sleep. All i can say is you are treated with smiles all time. Food is amazing and full of variety. Since its a city hotel, its near all the theater tickets centers for u to choose from. Its a must.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aniket v
Thank you for your recommendation here on Trip Advisor. Here at Courtyard by Marriott we treat all our guests with great customer service. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the variety of food at our Bistro and had a fantastic stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff was incredibly nice and helpfull; all of them but specially María Pozo.
They explained us lots of things and plans to have fun in NY. They also held many conversation in fluent Spanish. Finally they arranged for a limousine to go to the airport instead of a normal van and they managed to recover a litte suitcase forgotten inside!!!
In addition the hotel is very well place to enjoy very much NY, just near the corner 8th AV & 37th St. Really eassy to check In/out and with a lovely team (room cleaners, waitress, recepcionists, baggage assistant,...)

Room Tip: inside rooms have boring views to the back of other buildings. If possible ask for external.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank José G
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West for your trip to New York. I am glad to hear Maria our Assistant Manager and the rest of our Staff were able to take care of all your needs. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the United States.

Plainville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a nice stay although had a few minor bumps. Any time I brought something to the attention of the front desk it was taken care of quickly and thoroughly!

Ryan the Bellman was wonderful. I had to store my presentation materials prior to leaving for the airport. He made sure when I called later in the day from the conference center, to have them ready by the hotel entry. I was in a rush to go from one location quickly to the airport. When I arrived at the hotel with my taxi, to go on further to the airport, there they were with Ryan beside them! Made my connection even though it was close!

All of the front desk staff were kind in helping me get around to all my accounts in the Manhattan area. They told me best routes, transportation, shows, and restaurants to try. It was especially nice when I wanted to do NON-tourist activities as well.

Thanks again, all of you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nia G
Wow, Thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding our Associates. I will certainly share your comments with Ryan and the rest of the Staff so they know they provided excellent service during your stay with us. We take great pride in trying to exceed expectations from our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Director of Guest Relations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard for two nights on the 4th of July and I had a great stay! Check-in was quick and the young lady was very friendly and told me about all the details of the hotel. The room was small compared to the New York Marquis I stayed at last time but the setup was nice with a king bed, tv, desk, and wardrobe which had a small fridge inside. The room was very clean and the location is great. I was able to walk from Penn Station and also to the theatre district and Times Square. The train is close by too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MsNikkiT
Davidlk2013, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us for the 4rth of July weekend. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the services from our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Their customer service was excellent, specifically Gisella at the front desk and Christina at concierge. From greeting us and acknowledging our loyalty to helping us find dry cleaning services with the hotel and Broadway shows for entertainment, both were very helpful and we look forward to booking our next NY stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Basketballfan1123
We appreciate all the positive comments here Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.