The High Line Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$189
US$159
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewschelsea marketintelligentsia coffeecoffee bar in the lobbycomplimentary bikesnew yorkchelsea areawhitney museumdeluxe kingcharming hotelsmall lobbygreat neighborhoodwest sidefavorite hotelhotel lobbycomfy bednyc hotelfew blocks
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Only half a block from the High Line stairs, the hiking experience was awesome for my wife and I, with fantastic views all over the place. Cookshop restaurant right across a quiet street was our culinary highlight of the trip. We're from the Ann Arbor Mi. area, and the staff here had a laid back attitude we loved. Kudos to the following staff in particular: David at the morning coffee bar who was our rock of Gibraltar along with Irving at the door. You guys rock! Special mention to Alvin, Alexandra and Cameron. Joe Walker, Desk Manager, I asked about you repeatedly but never saw you. I know you comment on most reviews, but in this case, please take a DEEP breath, and don't comment on this positive review. (I know you can do it!) My wife and I are both very light sleepers, and our fifth floor room facing the courtyard was quiet as per the reviews. We were never awakened by noise. We would definitely stay here again.Tips: visit the roof, great views! We only learned about the third floor space that looks like Hogwarts on our last morning, so we didn't see it- guided permission only. Visit Chelsea Brewing within walking distance, a great IPA! Chelsea Market is only 3 or 4 blocks down the street. Pier 62 near the brewery has the AIANY boat tour around Manhattan. Incredible!

Room Tip: face the courtyard for quiet. Rooms tend to the small sized
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheHighLineHotel, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Bill K,

I could not be more thrilled to hear about your wonderful stay with us. I will certainly share your kind words with the staff. Our courtyard view rooms are quite remarkable and they are one of the many things that makes THE HIGH LINE HOTEL a hidden gem in the big city.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nites in March 2014. We stayed in a Deluxe King. The size of the room was excellent for the price we paid (thru booking.com) - at least for NYC. We actually stayed in two different rooms after having an issue in the first room. We moved from room 11 to room 19. Room 11 was bigger but noisier. Both rooms faced the front of the hotel on 10th Ave., which we liked. The best thing about this place, that is hard to put into words, is its charm. It's a very chic and trendy place in a good way. It's also in a pretty fantastic location away from the tourist hordes. The main down side is the same thing that gives the place charm. The building is very old, so you can't expect everything to be in perfect condition. For instance, the shower didn't drain properly. When we moved rooms (that wasn't the issue) I thought the shower in the next room would be fine. No such luck.

I do have a couple of suggestions for mgmt. The elevator was small and dark, better lighting would help. Also my wife said the wall sockets in both rooms were loose, i.e., her plugs were falling out. Also, with somewhat limited counter space in the bathroom it would be helpful to permanently remove the knickknacks on the counters.

Like the hotel itself, the location might seem a bit questionable, until you get there and walk the neighborhood. We used city buses to get around. The bus stop is a half block away out the front door in either direction. The no. 11 bus comes every 10-15 minutes and takes you right up 10th Ave. towards Midtown. You can take the same no. 11 back down 9th Ave. to get back to the hotel. But you'll need exact change ($2.75) or a metro card, which you can purchase at a subway station. We had a really good breakfast at Le Grainne Cafe, a French diner, about 2 blocks away. There's also a 24 hr. CVS one block away if you head out the front door to the right. And at least 4 restaurants deliver to the hotel. I have no doubt this place will be rising in the TA rankings. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I can see why this place was ranked much higher a few years ago under previous management before it had to close due to Hurricane Sandy. If you go, don't forget to check out the courtyard out back. It's beautiful. We will return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul-SArlington,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and I appreciate your suggestions.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Fifth visit yesterday 3/21: this time booked on Expedia, and arrived within an hour. Expedia hadn't yet synched when I got there ... but rather than look all confused, and questioning the validity of the booking (like most hotels do), the host apologized, explained that she had to call Expedia to obtain the reference number, offered me a seat, and a coffee. Coffee was perfect; host was back in minutes; was smart and friendly - and offered me a double queen room (which was SUPER spacious). Impeccably handled experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ben J

Dear Ben J,

I am very pleased you have considered us your home away from home in New York City and that our Reception team provided you a spectacular arrival experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

A beautiful room with spectacular customer service! A friend booked this hotel for us, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into nor any expectations going into it.

We arrived late, 10pm, and were greeted by a reception of warmth from the staff, ready to check us in. The young woman, Sammi, was very helpful and informative. Our room was amazing(!); spacious with an air of vintage chic in every detail. It felt like we took a step back into time with reclaimed woods, furniture and books. The addition of terrariums featuring succulents and plants, was refreshing and fun. After getting settled in, it was time to hit the town! Sammi was very helpful in making recommendations for a bar that served food late at night and was in walking distance, so off we went.

This exceptional service from Sammi continued all weekend. She was always there to send us off into the city with helpful tips and suggestions on how to make the most of our time in NYC. As we returned at night, she was there with equal enthusiasm and warmth to greet us after a long day. We know it is her job to be friendly to guests, however, Sammi went above and beyond to make us feel like we weren't just a hotel guest, but a friend.

Aside from the exceptional service, the hotel was a fun place to be. As a non-New Yorker, I found it to be interesting, chic and comfortable. Set in Chelsea, The High Line Hotel is the perfect mix of classic and modern. There is a coffee shop in place of a lobby bar; serving coffee all day and wine in the evenings. Never void of interesting, the lobby is filled with vintage sofas that are a revolving door of locals in trendy clothing and exotic conversation. The hotel evokes the way Chelsea should feel in the here and now..

Room Tip: Be warned that if you are in a room in the NW corner (1st or 2nd floor), the trash is picked up curbside at 2 am, a little loud.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Joseph W, Front Office Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear luckyaims,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay with us! It’s great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Saemi is one of our many premiere agents here at The High Line Hotel, and her service to you is exactly what we strive for! I’ll make sure to pass your kind words along to her and the rest of the team. I’m hoping we can welcome you back again next time you find yourself in NYC!

Regards,
Joseph Walker
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Nice hotel but not much of a lobby which is very small. Lobby does have a wonderful little coffee bar that makes great lattes. My family and I stayed here during Christmas holiday 2013. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Geraldine W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday stay with us! I’m glad that you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms, as well as the beverages at Intelligentsia. I hope you get the chance to see the enhancements we’ve made to our lobby next time you find yourself in NYC!

Regards,