“Great Drink Spot”
Review of The Flatiron Room

The Flatiron Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Flatiron Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #871 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway & 6th Avenue
Transit: From the 2/3 Train: Walk West towards Broadway and over to 26th Street. From the 1/9 Train: Exit the 28th street stop. Walk east to 6th Avenue, then down to 26th and across towards Broadway.
New York, NY
“Great Drink Spot”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Flatiron Room is a great date spot. The seductive atmosphere and live music are a perfect combo.

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Dark, Vibrant, Atmospheric”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a reservation for 7pm on a Thursday night. We arrived at 6.30pm and we were shown to a small table very close to other tables and the small stage. We were glad we had booked, because the place was very busy the whole time we were there. There was a singer and guitarist performing early in the evening and a larger group setting up as we were leaving.

The food was quite good, from a small menu (which was difficult to read because of the low lighting). But the food is not the reason why most people go here, I'm sure. They have an absolutely vast selection of world whiskies and very knowledgeable staff. Some of the whiskies are in cabinets that require the staff to climb ladders to reach them.

There is also a small selection of beers and wine by the glass, plus some cocktails - the Moscow Mule was excellent.

Service was fast, friendly and efficient.

This is a busy, noisy, popular place which is well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bluesprout61
New York
“Company Holiday Luncheon”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Our company had our holiday luncheon here this year instead of cocktails at some club.
We have about 30 people and they gave us the whole downstairs area.
Food & drinks were quite good, I wish they had more wait staff though,
Restaurant still had its original brick & mortar.

• Visited December 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Very Nice bar”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Not a noisy bar, not a night club, very classic bar with exceptional variety of whiskey, we saw a show with a woman singing as Jessica rabbit, very sexy songs and funny!, excellent food, I try the steak bites with chimichurri, delicious! we got the best table and complementary beer, salud!

Visited December 2013
“Terrible food and poor attention to detail”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this for my wife and I. We shared two starters (broccoli, then beets) which were tasty. It all went wrong when our mains were delivered. My wife ordered sea bass with vegetable pilau rice. The fish was not sea bass(more like cod or haddock), the pilau was just rice with no spices and to make things very weird it had massive amounts of mozzarella in it. In my experience fish and cheese and rice is not a good combo. The combo was not mentioned in the description. I had lamb with chocolate mole. The sauce was heavy and too powerful for such a delicate piece of meat. Our first cocktail was good - my second had a chip in the glass - not something I'd expect given how good they say their cocktails are on the menu. I complained and got the same drink poured into another glass. I expected a fresh drink. My wife said she was disappointed with her dish and the server asked if she wanted something else- we just couldn't wait to leave so just paid up and got out. It's a cool venue but don't let that fool you into thinking its a good place for food. Very disappointed.

• Visited November 2013