“A great story with commanding performances”
Review of Lucky Guy - CLOSED

Lucky Guy
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is a drama about a well-known newspaper journalist. It was interesting to learn the political inner workings of the newspaper business as well. Tom Hanks was energetic and commanding along with other television actors.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Tom Hanks plays Mike Mcalary a tough New York Pulitzer prize-winning reporter, in a play written by the late Nora Ephron. He is impeccable in the part, but the rest of the cast are well known actors, with whom he interacts gracefully. Hanks was nominated for a Tony, but the Best Supporting Actor award quite rightly went to went to Courtney B. Vance for his scene stealing performance in this wonderful play. I’m glad we saw Lucky Guy before it closes.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This play was very fast paced and a couple times it was hard to hear the actors, but Tom Hanks and Courtney B. Vance were so amazing. This is one of my favorite experiences ever!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Totally enjoyable play from start to end. Tom Hanks is amazing, supporting cast also excellent. Sitting in row D was just like having Hanks perform in our living room. Only 2 days left - should sell out - a must see!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2013

So glad I was able to witness this tremendous cast., many notable tv actors that i appreciate even more since I have seen them on stage. I knew I adored Tom Hanks before I saw the play, but know i see him as a true entertainer on Broadway as well. . He is hilarious, intense, energetic, engaging and as always so incredible believable as the character.
This true story is fascinating and i like the unique presentation with narration. I am so glad I had the opportunity to see this play and learn some insight in news room operations.