“Great location, delicious food”
Review of Cafe Gitane

Cafe Gitane
Ranked #3,031 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Michigan
“Great location, delicious food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived here on Easter afternoon, starving and fatigued. It was like entering a little bit of Paris--we sat, we restored ourselves over tea, coffee, and food and lingered. We got the vegetarian couscous--perfectly moist throughout and flavorful--a must have. Also the dukkah (disappointing) and the carrot salad (perfectly seasoned and a great contrast to the couscous). The staff are quirky, but attentive. There is an extensive menu, with meat and without, that I look forward to trying in the future.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Galway, Ireland
“What I really loved was the atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had many chances to try the food of this little place as I was staying at the Jane Hotel nearby. It is a little place with a French feel, very good indie music playing round the clock, young smiling waiters and waitresses, small wooden tables.
Food is continentally-inspired, mostly French-inspired, especially at breakfast (please do try the continental breakfast if you're staying there, the tartine was amazing). As for the rest, at the beginning I thought it was a little pricey, but the portions are really abundant and you can have one of their sandwiches as a complete meal. They have a good choice of dishes which are mainly inspired by French cuisine, but with a Mediterranean touch.
Definitely recommended, even if you're not staying at the Jane.

• Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Next best thing to being in Paris”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I only had a quick breakfast croissant and tea, but I loved the decor and was pleased with my server, both relaxed and attentive at the same time. They have a back room where you can store bags if you're on your way out of the hotel, as I was. The menu at Cafe Gitane looked interesting, but I always like French food.

Visited March 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Great baked sandwich!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We all had a baked egg sandwich. Tasted super. Great freshly pressed orange juice. An unbelievable pancake. I Recommed walking along the hudson in to town after.

Sarasota, Florida
“Cool place, great menu”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great menu, and a great place to stop whether or not you are a guest at the hotel. Desserts are killer and the breakfast/brunch menu is great too

Visited October 2013