“Cosy and quality restaurant”
Review of Piccola Cucina

Piccola Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccola Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very good pasta selection, with some special dishes that I have not seen on offer in other restaurants in NYC. The wine list is pretty comprehensive too, and service is very friendly and attentive. They have a lunch special price of 10$ per dish. I was not surprised to see many other fellow italians among the patrons. Their cannoli are excellent, ricotta as it should be (cannot say the same for several other celebrated places in the city - I am Sicilian, so I should know ...). Overall a great experience. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Piccola Cucina

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very attentive and friendly service. Excellent Italian food : busiate alla Norma - a must! Definitely to recommend

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I'm torn about sharing this review. It's such a fantastic restaurant and so small that sharing information about it might make it more difficult to get a table. The food is absolutely delicious. Everything is fresh. Everything is beautifully presented. Everything is homemade in a kitchen situated only a few steps away from your table. Dining in Piccola Cucina is like eating at home with a private chef. My wife and I enjoyed a romantic tenth anniversary dinner in this restaurant and I liked it so much that I returned to have dinner (unfortunately alone) when I was back in NYC on business. The wait staff is terrific as well. If you love Italian food this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It had great reviews and when we arrived at this tiny restaurant we wondered!
Lovely welcome with a quick explanation of specials and advice on starters.
A selection of starters,then the tuna and a cod pasta for mains.
It was really excellent and served with calm and friendly smiles.
Amazing that such a small kitchen could produce such fresh and tasty food.
It's really worth the visit. You must book,cause it is small.
Enjoy. We will be back.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a group of 11 for an early dinner on a Saturday before an art opening. The staff was super friendly, as was the chef, who would check on us as various appetizers were presented. We especially enjoyed the "chef's selection" of appetizers, tapas-like small plates which our waitress recommended for a group of our size. Favorites were the burata--super creamy and fresh mozzarella-type of cheese, and the swordfish which melted in your mouth. Our pastas were good, but two of our diners thought the sauce was a bit salty. Nice selection of wines, but it would be even better if there were a Nero d'Avola at less than $46 per bottle, since we had 4!

A nice touch was when the chef brought little trays of small cannoli as a complimentary dessert. They were probably the best we've tasted! All in all, we felt as if we were in Italy (and we've traveled there a lot) and given the size of our group, our experience was excellent with attentive service. We'll try it again when my husband and I return to the city, because we feel that due to the small size of the space, it would be nice for a romantic Italian dinner in a great neighborhood.