“This Boutique, is unique!”

Hotel Boutique At Grand Central
Ranked #122 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Boutique Hotel at Grand Central on 11/2-3/13 with my two girlfriends while we were in the city for a concert. We were very excited to be staying in a hotel less than two months old. Coming from Rockland County we took the train in and walked right over to the hotel from Grand Central. At first we found the front entrance which was under construction but then had a little trouble finding the temporary lobby around the corner. Our check in and out was smooth and painless. The hotel is so fresh, so clean and so new! The room (508) had a kitchenette with a pull out sleeper a fabulous bathroom and beautiful bedroom. The celling to floor windows help the room to appear larger and the use of pocket doors makes the most of the available space. For three women in a NY city hotel room we found it to be very spacious. We had a lovely view of the avenue and Rickshaw Dumplings and had a great time people watching. I happened to sleep on the pull out couch bed and was pleasantly surprised by the level of comfort and support the mattress provided. The best part of sleeping on the sofa bed was the brand new ultra soft and incredible Birkshire blanket!

On the 27th floor is the business area and lounge. It is a wonderfully comfortable area. It has an espresso machine, candy bar, TV to watch the latest programs, computers, printers, a conference table and most importantly a beautiful balcony. I would recommend staying or even just booking a room in this hotel just for the view of the Chrysler Building from the 27th floor balcony. I have walked past and seen the Chrysler building many times before during my visits to the city but I have never seen it look as beautiful in my life! It was such an incredible sight. We were very pleased with our stay. We would recommend this hotel to our family and friends. We found our room to be priced reasonably and we were happy with the kind helpful hotel staff. One of the things we really enjoyed was the fresh spring water machines on every floor. They provide new plastic water bottles or you can fill your own reusable ones with fresh chilled drinking water.

One thing that we were slightly dis pleased with was the timing of the elevators. There are three elevators and only two were properly functioning. The two working were taking a long time to go floor to floor. A few times when it finally arrived to our floor it was so full with people that we had to wait for the next available one. I am sure once the third is fixed then there will be less people waiting and faster service. I would recommend staying in this hotel just for the view of the Chrysler Building from the 27th floor balcony. I would love to stay here again and will keep this one in mind for my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We just went down for the NYC Marathon and booked a room at this hotel. It was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful and clean and service was excellent. They have a room on the 27th floor that has a baloncy and beautiful view of city and offer snacks throughout the day along with a contiential breakfast.
What a great find and the price wasn't bad either. Will definitely use it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

After reading the previous reviews here on TA I knew that the hotel would be under construction and to enter the hotel on 45th Street. With this information it was not hard to find.

My room was not ready at 1:00 (check in time is 3:00) so I left my bag and went out to my business appointment. I found the front desk people very helpful and nice. Upon my return at 6:00 I was given my room and was told my bag was already sent to my room.

The room is small, but has all the amenities I look for...CLEAN, nice flat screen TV, comfortable bed, free Wi-Fi and a hot shower. Additionally, they provide a docking/charging station, Keurig coffee in room and they will even loan IPads (I didn't do that.) My room faced Grand Central Terminal which provided some "city" noises throughout the night, but I'm sure that is all over NYC. I turned the fan on the AC to provide nice white noise.

The 27th Floor is their lounge. Snacks, soda and water; computers, newspaper and TV provides a nice resting spot. Continental breakfast on the 27th floor was fine. Fresh bagels, pastries and breakfast bars. Juice and coffee.

I thought the location was great. I felt completely safe walking around solo at night. I would go again in a New York minute.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2bhere
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

They say it is new and living the grand opening...
In my opinion it was a grand mess.

Taxi couldn't find it because there is no sign and entrance is temporary relocated and it has a different name:quartet club?

Lobby is a room basically... My room was terribly small and the windows was broken (couldn't close) so all night it was terribly noisy.

Boutique hotel just for the price because the rooms are pretty standard and mediocre.

At 8am they started to make noise in the corridor. Even if I had privacy sign on the door knob they knok at the door and came in to fix I do know what (mirrors...).

So in general a terrible experience. Position is fine but I paid for a grand hotel, not fair at all.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank lbmo77
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I was in Ny at the end of September for business and I stayed in this boutique hotel in Manhattan at 100 metres from grand central station, then in great location.
All the problems arise from the fact that it was open with works in progress (of the 27 floors only 2 are accessible). the reception did not exists but has been temporarily camped in a side entrance of the building that already on arrival there he created some problems since the cab could not find the inticated address it has left us in the middle of the road. (With 4 big luggage ...). the room description was "small double room" I never would have expected a single bedroom with a small bed for two, a small bathroom and a tiny closet: wans open the suitcases there was no space to move, all the furniture are new, from the room window we could see the air conditioning equipment under construction (I let you imagine the silence), paradoxically the air conditioning in the room seen to be old and if compared to that in the room failed with filler neck oriented on the bed. breakfast was on the 27 floor in a meeting room. There was not a real breakfast room.
The Buffet was made up of brioches, yoghurt and self-service coffee machine. The view was however spectacular. The room was very clean except the shower which was full of hair.
3 lifts available but only one working (occasionally for technical tests and so we found ourselves going up and down twice by 7 floors and even on the last day we had to come down from 27).
Last but not least we asked to book a cab to jfk transfer with flat rate ($ 50) but in reality they have booked a their private company that we discovered midway cost as $ 80
Clearly the staff was regretted and there was a panel in the "hall" said that in case of complaints the hotel would issued a $ 50 voucher. seen our discomforts the night that cost less than we have been given for free. the cost of two nights amounts to 860$.
Finally, in addition to the inconvenience of having stayed at a hotel without being adviced of all these troubles, the cost remains definitly to high for the rooms and the service offered.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank MauroCogno
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had booked this hotel with great enthusiasm. Brand new, opened in September this year, near the Grand Central Station, good for my business meetings.
We arrived late at night and the taxi had troubles in finding the hotel. The address on the reservation was 4447 Lexington Avenue, but there was no door, only constructions. It was dark and after checking we could see that there was a sign saying that the temporary entrance was on 128 East 45th.
We had to walk to the address indicated but the was no sign for Hotel Boutique at Grand Central and no number on the door. We then found the Club Quarters. We asked if that was our hotel and they said yes. No reception. A small desk with a laptop. We were given the key and went up to the 7th floor.
The room was very small (it was actually indicated in the reservation as Small Double Room), completely brand new but really no space for the luggage. From the window we could admire the constructions below and listen to the noise of, probably, the air condition system.
The bathroom was nice and totally new but it was not good to find long hair in the shower and dust all over.
The 3-night stay was complicated: the Continental breakfast was served on the 27th floor, but in a room that was more a Meeting room than a breakfast room. No proper tables and difficulties to have a quiet and easy breakfast. The coffee machine was stopping continuously. The elevators were often out of order. The last day I have an important meeting with a potential customer and we had to wait 20 minutes before the “only” working elevator was available (out of 3, only one was working).
I hardly complained with reception and the first time a lady screamed at me in the elevaton saying that it was not her fault. I explained that she was for me the hotel’s voice and if a hotel is not ready to open, it should wait to be ready before opening. I then complained again and I was offered a free night (the cheapest one @USD 269,00 – The other two night were well above USD 300,00 +taxes).
The last day I asked to book a taxi and expressly asked for a normal taxi with flat rate to the airport. They reserved a limo that cost USD 80 instead of USD 52. Was the gay at reception not listening or he simply preferred to do what he preferred? Unacceptable!
The hotel is new and in a great location, so it could be a great choice, but this was a total mess and I was really disappointed. Totally overpriced, with a staff that was unable to manage the inconveniences and to do their job properly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Giacomo C
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We loved this little hotel, great location, fantastic staff & comfy rooms. The hotel was brand new & staff were really great! Hotel also has a guest lobby area on 27th floor with views of Chrysler building etc. free wifi, computers that you can use & complimentary snacks! Walking distance to Times Sq & Rockefellar & 5th Ave shopping. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends