“Great place to stay”

Ranked #136 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Houston, Texas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to NYC for vacation and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Everything was clean and new and well thought out in our standard queen room. Big flat panel tv with a lot of hd channels, keurig in the room, and nice little lounge table area. It's a small room but we didn't need more space and were able to make due. Our room had a decent view and not much to complain about. The lobby currently consist of a podium in a hallway if you enter from Lexington St and a bigger podium if you enter from 45th. It is directly across the street from Grand Central and has great access to the subways which made it incredibly convenient. Short walk to many attractions like times square and central park. The location is as good as you could ask for in this price range. The staff were friendly and attentive. They have a water bottle fill station which we took advantage of. My only complaint is a lack of breakfast offerings which would compliment the great views on the 27th floor terrace nicely. Free WiFi actually worked great. Normally we pay for awful WiFi. We would definitely stay here again when we return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hebrew first
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel Staff was Amazing!! Jean'Claude & Robert hospitality was exceptional. I used Priceline to book the hotel & it was a nightmare. The staff helped me change my reservation and upgrade to a bigger room. I traveled with my family and my grandmother is disabled and uses a wheelchair. They had an accessible shower and was able to accommodate us throughout our stay.

The fitness center has all your basic needs and the view from the Club House living room on the 27th floor is AMAZING!!!

We walked ( & I pushed my grandmother) to 42nd Street & 7th Ave. Great location in terms of being close to Times Square & Rockefeller Center.

I would recommend this stay this hotel for business, couples, families, groups, & solo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank T B
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hotel Boutique Grand Central is newly renovated, very clean and quaint. The lobby is very simple, with self check-in and check out. Free internet access, which is greatly appreciated. Expect a clean room and friendly, but minimal staff. The room is comfortable (small, but this is NY) and has a good layout with modern plugs, charging stations and tv. I found the hotel not to have great sound barriers as I was awoken both nights by the very loud trucks on the street below my window. Another surprise was the inability for anyone to call a cab for you or to have one available when you leave. The lone lobby attendent is able to schedule car service, but if you want a cab, you must wander around outside to find one on your own. Not really convenient if you need a cab early for a ride to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Global traveller
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As others have mentioned, this is two hotels in one. The Boutique hotel reception is on the second floor off Lexington while the Club Quarters entrance is on the ground floor off 45th. Other than that, both hotels use the same facilities. Rooms are compact but have everything needed for the business traveler. Free water and wifi in the rooms while nibbles and drinks are on the top floor. Lots of power plugs, including USB charging points, and a multi port streaming device to send your content to the wall mounted screen. Only complaint was the street noise that never seemed to end in my third floor room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Wow! Let me start this off by saying that this is only getting four stars bc the room was a little small for my liking. But this is New York, so what do you expect? Found this deal on an online booking site and paid $112 /night... Roughly $150 after taxes. They let us check in early (we arrived at 6am) for an additional $38 (well worth it for my sleep!) and let us check out of the room late at 3pm for $35 more. All in all it was just under $200 for one night which in NYC, is pretty good, here's why :
-Location! This was central to pretty much every where I needed to be... Times square, upper east side, both are only 2 stops away. Tons of shops and restaurants as well as grand central nearby. Terrific view of the Chrysler building from the 27th floor.
-Free bottled water and capucinnos in the lounge. Also free Wi-Fi, free iPad for loan, and a fitness center, plus you can have fitness equipment delivered to your room. Free anything in NYC is a steal!
-Service! SERVICE! No eye rolling here! Even at 6am, the girl who checked us in was pleasant and sweet. I did not encounter one person who seemed like they were unhappy. My phone calls prior to my arrival were answered promptly and I generally found them to be super helpful.
Overall, super clean, chic, modern, minimalistic design. This is a great deal and I will definitely be staying there again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laurie M
Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Once arriving at Hotel via town car, we were able to walk and use subway for entire stay. Not one taxi. Great local. Great room...will return. No hassle stay. Each floor has self-serve guest amenity closet. Need extra pillows or blanket? Towels or an ironing board? Call no. It's waiting for you in the amenities closet. The lounge on the 27th floor in stock with complimentary snacks, coffee, and soft drinks with indoor lounge area and a large outdoor rooftop lounge. Across the street from Grand Central giving you complete access to entire city via train. Minutes from Time Square, Herald Square, 30 Rock and no more than one transfer from any location desired.

Room Tip: The rooms are somewhat small but very ergonomic. We were able to fit a roll away into out double and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian W
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a nice newer hotel, very close to Grand Central. We were able to walk to Times Square, Empire State Building, Macy's and Rockefeller Center. We checked in at the unattended kiosk on Lexington, there was something strange about the locking doors so I had to fiddle around to get my husband in. The actual lobby is around the corner and there is NO SIGNAGE saying Hotel Boutique, they need to put up a sign. We used that entrance as the Lexington doors locked up the next time we tried that entrance. Use the electronic card to make the elevator work. Very nicely organized room with everything we needed including bottled water right outside the door. My husband enjoyed the exercise room. Nice shower and we had a small refrigerator and microwave along with a coffee maker. Comfortable bed, pleasant city view from 5th floor. The price was good and they weren't gouging during the SuperBowl. We would definitely stay here again, it was very comfortable and the cleaning staff and front desk personnel in lobby were courteous. It would be nice if the lobby personnel could keep some extra coffee and creamer on hand, had to request it a few times since we did not use room service during our stay. We did not go up to the restaurant so cannot review it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple