“It's all about Relationships”

Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Central
Ranked #122 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 April 2014

For business travelers such as myself, we spend a great deal of time in one hotel or another. Amenities are nice but a bed is a bed is a bed!

The Boutique Grand Central Hotel was a welcome change from the check in, check out process. My coworker and I were greeted with genuine pleasure on our arrival at the hotel and this continued every time we left and re-entered. After our first visit we recommended to our Company to use Club Quarters exclusively for our travels and over the next several months had multiple week stays. Most notably, the two agents Jean-Claude & Christina were amazing. We travel globally and of all the Hotel staff I've met (and my peers agree)...Jean-Claude and Christina are at the top of the list. Professional, Courteous, and so much FUN, they have made me look forward to every visit.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 8th floor are a lot more quite
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We reserved this hotel on Hotwire and were concerned about the size of the rooms, and the fact that we had a queen bed in one of the rooms we rented instead of two twins. I called the hotel prior to our visit and was told they would do their best. When we checked into the hotel we had everything taken care of in advance. The rooms were NY small but very well designed and extremely comfortable. The staff were amazing. We had terrible weather and I saw the front desk manager go to his car to get an umbrella for one of the other guests. The 27th floor lounge was beautiful and had great coffee and cappuccinos. Even though NYC has the best tap water in the nation, they had water bottles and a filling station for them on each floor. Very cool. I will do everything I can to stay here again when visiting NYC. I also forgot to mention the great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This place is great for everything: room, cleanliness, position, lounge room at the top...
But what makes this hotel a special place is Robert and Angela. The biggest smiles and help in the heart of NYC!!! You make this a unique place. Hope I will meet you again soon. Thanks!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ceresce11
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Brand new hotel just far enough from the crowds but close enough to all that you want. Location is great. Hotel is clean and modern. Complimentary snacks, coffee, fruit. View from 27th floor lounge is amazing. But what makes this place stand out from the rest is the staff. Always smiling, always helpful, always speaking and acknowledging everyone that passes. Gorona is a doll and one of the friendliest girls I have ever met. I was fortunate enough to meet the manager. Tall, good looking and no pretense at all. Simply introduced himself as Billy in his southern accent. Easy to see he sets a fine example for his staff. This is my new favorite place in New York City.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I loved staying here for Valentine's Day. The room had a kitchenette and great views to new york city. We were warmly greeted by a very friendly staff member who made us feel very welcomed. We have no complaints, everything was perfect. The complimentary fill-it-yourself water bottle machines were awesome. We loved our stay here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

In midtown for a meeting. Booked us at the club quarters in mid town. I have stayed at the downtown and WTC locations as well. This one is located just a few blocks away from Time Square. Like the other locations, the décor is modern. The rooms are small and comfortable. The very sparse lobby is made up for by the lounge area on the 27th floor. Free internet throughout the hotel. Think this place is common for airline pilots - must have seen a 1/2 dozen over 24 hr period.

Each floor has free self bottling filtered water. The water had a plastic taste that I bet was from the bottle and not the water itself. Room had a Keurig coffee maker with one decaf and one regular coffee.

Cleanliness: This is where I downgraded from a 4. I went to make a cup of coffee and found that the coffee mug had been obviously used (crusted material on the bottom and lipstick on the cup). The bathroom was clean and without mold.

Security: There was no safe in the room. Needed key to use the elevator.

Fitness room: Tight. 1/2 dozen machines, dumbbells and nautilus type equipment. They note that they will bring fitness equipment to your room.

Restaurant: Davio's - didn't eat there at night, but a pilot that was leaving said the food there was fantastic. Ate the breakfast buffet. It was okay, nothing really to write home about.

Overall: solid place that I would give another chance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dough_47N
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel was great! The room was nice and clean with a great view of the city. The beds were very comfortable. I slept like a baby. The bathroom was organized and properly maintained. Great for either personal or business stays. The hotel is equipped with meeting and lounging areas with snacks, coffee and sodas. The club room on the top floor was amazing with the highest quality furniture and a balcony overlooking NYC. Alberto Pichardo provided great service when assisting me in making reservations. He let me know where to park my car so I would get a significant discount for staying at the hotel. He also recommended Davios, a really nice restaurant in the same building, so we could a get a discount and free appetizers for being a hotel client. He also provided a list of alternatives for bars and restaurant in the area. So to summarize the hotel had clean rooms, located in an ideal location, very friendly and helpful staff, spacious lounging/ meeting areas and a breathtaking view from the top floor club room. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple