“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Central
Ranked #124 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

on of my best vacation in nyc was in this hotel ,the personnel was great and professionnel....thank u so very mutchhhh jean claud i had a great time !!!!! and i cant wait to go back to new york ..... i garanty u that i ll recomand this place to all my friends !!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was surprised when I walked into the lobby that so much construction was still going on. With a lot of people and luggage and construction workers all in one tight space, there was a feeling of chaos.

Check-in was quick. The receptionist helped me with the machine and I went right upstairs. However, I felt like I didn't get much of an introduction to the hotel. It's only now that I'm back home that I'm finding out about the 27th floor lounge! I feel kind of mad that I didn't know about it! The scene was so crowded and chaotic that there wasn't much of a "welcome to our hotel and here's what we have to offer" attitude--even though the staff members were nice and polite.

My room was nice, but looked onto the air conditioning units. Fortunately it wasn't noisy, but it was a terrible view. Otherwise the room was well-appointed and comfortable. I loved the little formica table, which I used both as a desk and for eating a late dinner that I brought in.

Two other things that I wasn't so happy about: The elevators were slow, but maybe due to the construction. The other was not having an iron and ironing board in the room. They're down the hall in a closet, a little inconvenient because you have to get dressed to get them.

Convenience is no issue at all for this hotel and that's what I liked about it. I guess I was excited to try the newest member of the Club Quarters New York hotels and came a way a little disappointed. Maybe when the construction is over, things will feel more homey.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have stayed several times-check in is self service which is a real pain, staff is mostly foreign with accents, not responsive at all-needed a receipt for a cancelled reservation for which I was charged full room-called 4 days in a row including messg's for service mgr and never got call back, nor receipt after leaving my email with two folks who said they would handle it. Rooms are small, hallways tiny and claustrophobic. Tough to locate hotel as it's not well marked on 2nd floor to lobby.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was very hesitant to stay here since I have never heard of Club Quarters and found a good deal on Hotwire before but was pleasantly surprised! I've stayed at many NYC hotels and you just can't beat the perks of Club Quarters - free wireless, free snacks all day, free drinks/water all day, club lounge. Rooms are extremely clean and designed to maximize space. My room was quiet and very comfortable. Lobby is no frills but how much time do you spend there anyways? Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

From the warm greeting and assistance by Robert on check-in, to the Club Quarters Living Room -- with terrace -- on the 27th floor, everything fully met or exceeded my expectations. The location put me easy walking distance to my conference at the United Nations and to all the resources around Grand Central. The room layout and overall design was outstanding, and everything I needed was right at my finger tips. Definitely will stay there again!

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous and in a very convenient area of Manhattan . Every aspect of service was on point beginning with the front desk service agent to the manager who opened the door for my boyfriend (oops!) to the night auditor . Loved the George Jetson chairs lol and loved how we were upgraded ! Thank you for a comfortable (beds are amazing ) and wonderful stay ! Will recommend to all my friends and fam !

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had an unexcpect respone form the hotel . they are not professional, rude, and have an inpatient attitude. we reserved a room 10 days ago through on line broker and got the confimation, While I call the hotel, they could not found our reservation record. we been calling three times, finally they found out there is a missing spelling name input in the computer. while they searching, their attitude is very in patient and rude. I will not use this hotel again, they do not deserve to eran my business.