“Great for sleeping”

Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Central
Ranked #123 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Like my title says this hotel is great for sleeping.

The best feature I recall about this hotel was the bed, sheets, blanket. It was amazingly comfortable. I regret not looking for the brand name. This comment is justified by all the Pilots staying there. There are pilots constantly checking in / out.

Besides the above, and for the price paid, everything else was fairly average. I stayed in two different rooms during my stay and each one was tiny. The hotel is not your conventional hotel. In keeping with the pilot theme, the tiny lobby has 3 electronic check in screens. The top floor has a lounge area where there are snacks / coffee with tv screen, but the area is very bland with nobody there. no bar. There is also an outdoor area which has quite a good view of Lexington Avenue

This hotel is well suited to business people who simply need a comfortable bed to sleep in. I would not recommend this place for tourists looking for a bit NYC flair. It lacks vibe and social amenities.
Most of all for the price that I paid, I feel there is better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Central

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at Club Quarters on Wall Street and had a fantastic visit, so decided to opt for the grand central one on this occasion. On arrival, there were building works taking place, I explained to the reception that this wasn't mentioned to us when booking and that it wasn't too pleasing to look at or to hear drilling. The staff member on duty remarked that it wasn't pleasing for him either, clearly missing the point that we had paid to be there. I then told him that I thought it was quite rude and he did offer us complimentary breakfast for the three days we were there. They then took a security deposit, however neglected to inform me that it was going to ring fence money and so I had limited funds for my vacation. We checked out on Saturday and as of Tuesday morning, I still haven't received funds. The rooms were quite compact and had little character and not enough storage space for two people. It was comfortable but certainly not worth what we paid. Needless to say we won't be returning any time soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jl7039
Reviewed 22 April 2014

on of my best vacation in nyc was in this hotel ,the personnel was great and professionnel....thank u so very mutchhhh jean claud i had a great time !!!!! and i cant wait to go back to new york ..... i garanty u that i ll recomand this place to all my friends !!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was surprised when I walked into the lobby that so much construction was still going on. With a lot of people and luggage and construction workers all in one tight space, there was a feeling of chaos.

Check-in was quick. The receptionist helped me with the machine and I went right upstairs. However, I felt like I didn't get much of an introduction to the hotel. It's only now that I'm back home that I'm finding out about the 27th floor lounge! I feel kind of mad that I didn't know about it! The scene was so crowded and chaotic that there wasn't much of a "welcome to our hotel and here's what we have to offer" attitude--even though the staff members were nice and polite.

My room was nice, but looked onto the air conditioning units. Fortunately it wasn't noisy, but it was a terrible view. Otherwise the room was well-appointed and comfortable. I loved the little formica table, which I used both as a desk and for eating a late dinner that I brought in.

Two other things that I wasn't so happy about: The elevators were slow, but maybe due to the construction. The other was not having an iron and ironing board in the room. They're down the hall in a closet, a little inconvenient because you have to get dressed to get them.

Convenience is no issue at all for this hotel and that's what I liked about it. I guess I was excited to try the newest member of the Club Quarters New York hotels and came a way a little disappointed. Maybe when the construction is over, things will feel more homey.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have stayed several times-check in is self service which is a real pain, staff is mostly foreign with accents, not responsive at all-needed a receipt for a cancelled reservation for which I was charged full room-called 4 days in a row including messg's for service mgr and never got call back, nor receipt after leaving my email with two folks who said they would handle it. Rooms are small, hallways tiny and claustrophobic. Tough to locate hotel as it's not well marked on 2nd floor to lobby.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was very hesitant to stay here since I have never heard of Club Quarters and found a good deal on Hotwire before but was pleasantly surprised! I've stayed at many NYC hotels and you just can't beat the perks of Club Quarters - free wireless, free snacks all day, free drinks/water all day, club lounge. Rooms are extremely clean and designed to maximize space. My room was quiet and very comfortable. Lobby is no frills but how much time do you spend there anyways? Will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

From the warm greeting and assistance by Robert on check-in, to the Club Quarters Living Room -- with terrace -- on the 27th floor, everything fully met or exceeded my expectations. The location put me easy walking distance to my conference at the United Nations and to all the resources around Grand Central. The room layout and overall design was outstanding, and everything I needed was right at my finger tips. Definitely will stay there again!