“Extremely Packed & Extremely Loud”
Review of Walker's

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We walked into a place to get a few strong drinks to warm up from the cold weather and found a place to be loud. Waitress wanted to seat us right next to the door and we had to insist on having a place away from traffic areas. People and waitresses were constantly bumping into our chairs. It tells you how tight the space is there. On the positive side, this place was cheap for the area we were in, according to my friend. Other than that, it has no real benefits. We ordered humus plate, shots of cognac and martinis. The latter were solid and didn't skimp on ingredients. All in all, it's a place just to have drinks. I would avoid taking a date there for a dinner, unlike some people we saw.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were meeting a friend here for dinner on a Sunday night. When we walked in, there was no obvious hostess so we seated ourselves at an open table near the door so we could see our friend when she walked in. I'm not sure the woman who evidently was the hostess but was not near the entrance when we came in, was entirely pleased by that but she let it go. Our waitress was assertive but attentive. The food was fine and quite reasonable in price by Tribeca standards. My salad Nicoise was decent though the tuna was bit overdone. While they have cocktails, I'd probably stick to the wine or beer. The atmosphere is of a local bar. It was a very comfortable place to meet a friend and catch up.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The bar was crowded with young folks on Friday night so I was ready to back out and go on down the street. But thank goodness we stayed! We were ushered to the back rooms where all the locals were quietly & happily ensconced eating their dinners. I'm from a chicken-frying state, but this was the best buttermilk, panned fried chicken I've ever had. And the mashed potatoes are to die for. Crisp salad, nicely done green beans. I just wish Walker's was in my hometown.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I'm so glad we stopped here to have lunch....it was recommended by the hotel concierge where we were staying! The food was really good and the staff was so nice! They give you huge portions, so you might want to split a dish!

1  Thank heathermcalister2
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Close seating, too loud bar crowd, forget trying to get in if a game is on television. The smoked salmon is alright, and the chili is good, but the burger is mediocre for a bar, and less than that for New York City in general.

1  Thank Clyde S