“Not bad”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Ate here with a buddy. Looked okay. We sat outside. Tables are small if you're sitting outside. We had trout, it was good as was the sides that came with it. Our only problem was the service. Ordered a soup and mussels. We were only half way through when our mains came out. Where to put them? Back in the kitchen please and cancel our order, we'll go someplace else. I don't mind eating fast but expecting me to eat my appetizers and my main at the same time is ridiculous. The server was good about it, he brought the food back to the kitchen and had new entrees made for us, when we were ready! We were missing forks and had to go inside for them. We were missing napkins and went inside for them. We were ready to order a round of drinks but had to find the waiter. Either they need more waiters or they need to place a waiter outside to take care of the twenty or so people that can sit out there. I'm not blaming the waiter, I blame the management. It's simple math, when it's busy, you need the right amount of staff to wait the tables. If it was a cheap meal I'd understand but it certainly wasn't.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I live right up the block from here and haven't been here in like 2 years. But this past Friday 7/11 I went w my gf. We ordered goat cheese fettuccini bruschetta and the tuna peppercorn sandwich ..tall three were delicious. I wanted more even though her n I were so full. Service was quick n nice n food was nice n fresh. We will def come back for a happy hour n to eat again lol

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I 've only had breakfast in this diner but I really remember it as one of my best food experiences in NY.Its not gourmet or anything special but as a foreigner I found it very original as an american diner. during my visit in the city I also ate in other diners, but this was the one with the most delicious food and the largest portions. You should try the blueberry pancakes. For an American maybe it doesnt say a lot but for a foreigner is a pretty nice experience.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Visited on vacation. We had a great breakfast here twice. Salad with breakfast is something I like. My son is a regular, so we had attentive service and great food. So, don't know how it would be if I just walked in as another tourist.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Went to 7A Cafe with my husband and daughter for a Father's Day brunch. We did the same thing last year and it was so memorable we wanted to do it again. The food is cleaver and delicious, ample portions for the biggest appetites. Food is fresh and well prepared. The brunch menu has plenty of variety and comes with an alcholic or non-alcholic beverage for 14.95. Well worth it.
Can't wait to go back for another meal. The Breakfast Burrito is my favorite, but my husband's lox, eggs and onions were delicious too.
Thanks for another great meal. We will return again.