“OK Hummus, Great Place for Vegetarians...”
Review of Hoomoos Asli

Hoomoos Asli
Ranked #4,865 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Tel Aviv, Israel
“OK Hummus, Great Place for Vegetarians...”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The location across the street from Eileen's Special Cheesecake. With my cheesecake in a bag, I suddenly felt hungry. Iis a very simple place to eat, only a few tables . As it mentioned in other reviewer before me: "You get what you pay for". It's look like a great place for vegetarians!

• Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Detroit, Michigan
“you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This restaurant serves decent fare for a decent price. The sandwiches are made with fresh ingredients and taste great for the $5 price tag. The grape leaves, hummus platter, falafels, and baba ganoush are great (if you take into consideration the price). This is a fantastic place for a student on a budget, but if you are looking for extraordinary/tasty middle eastern fare I would suggest you look elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Very easy to get to from the subway. We got there a few minutes after noon, with a big OPEN sign beaming but were told they weren't open for another 15 minutes so we took a walk.

When we returned, we did have a decent lunch. The falafel was excellent, especially as it was my husband's first time trying it. We asked about the mellawach bread for sandwiches and the waiter couldn't give us much of a description other than he loved it. So we ordered both of our sandwiches on this bread instead of the pita. We DID get a lot for the lofty price. However, the bread was like Indian paratha, but FAR greasier. Despite being careful, I still somehow got droplets on me. My boyfriend was very disappointed, also, and didn't let me forget it since I'd wanted to try this place. The plus side is the size of the sandwiches were very large, and we could have easily split a sandwich and should have had that idea by the price but alas, we did not.

I am disappointed by our experience and would consider trying it out again but not for the price.

• Visited February 2011