“SO SO”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Hertfordshire
“SO SO”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food was nice but the service was awful. Our waiter who looked like a senior member of staff was very rude. When we asked for recommendations it was like we had asked him to give us a free meal! Having been to the london Nobu I would not recommend the New York one.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“I was expecting a grand experience, instead it was just ok.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was expecting this amazing experience and explosion of flavor based on all the hype around Nobu but I did not taste anything exceptional that would make me crave the food again. I felt like I could find the same food at a good sushi place in my own city. The only thing that was unique was the Rock Shrimp Tempura. Try it to say you have tried Nobu but expect to leave with your walker considerably light.

Visited June 2014
Darien, Connecticut
“Incredible; A feast for the senses!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I came to Nobu to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had incredibly high expectations and also accepted in advance that this would be an expensive meal (we were not disappointed on either count). The menu was massive and the wine list wonderfully extensive. Wanting to experience all the flavors and bring a little bit of extra mystery to the meal, we chose to do Omakase - or the chef's choice/tasting meal. We were able to simply to tell our waitress that we were ready to try anything and loved spicy food :-)! The next two and half hours was pure culinary bliss . . .and I am still dreaming of this food weeks later. Started off with an amuse bouche of a delicious sweet potato and then seven courses, each more delightful than the next: chilled toro topped with caviar in a wasabi sauce and garnish of Japanese mountain peach (wow!), three selections of sashimi with divine sauces and my favorite kumamoto oysters, the most delicious salmon on a bead of artfully julienne vegetables, three beautiful pieces of sushi (including the best blue fin tuna I’ve ever had), sizzling Kobe beef with a spicy chimichurri sauce (I need more of this in my life!!), and then not one but two dessert courses! It was such a special and memorable evening :-). Service was impeccable and the restaurant was lovely! Definitely recommend a visit! We will be back!!!

• Visited June 2014
IL
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Nobu met our (very) high expectation, and set a new bar for the next meals.
Loved the food - the salad dressing was delicious, the flavors of the sushi plate were celebration, and the dessert was perfect.
We came for lunch. The place was full, yet the service was professional and efficient.

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great cuisine, bit overpriced”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Fabulous food, hip decor, but you pay a bit more for the name- I've had equally good nigiri elsewhere in Manhattan for less $. Still, a worthwhile experience for sushi/fusion lovers

Visited December 2013