“Best black cod ever.”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Loved it, the black cod, Chilean sea bass, sushi rolls were all fantastic!!!! Best Japanese restaurant ever.

There are newer reviews for Nobu

Reviewed 23 July 2014

You hear about Nobu from celebrities ad nauseum, how it's the best thing since sliced fish. My wife and I went on a date for her birthday. It was good, not great. I can't say this is one of the best sushi places I've ever been to, but not one of the worst. Waiter was great, Bobby DeNiro didn't show up (oh well). Very pricey, for not a ton of food. I would say it was romantic, but the room reflected all the conversation and it was very noisy.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful experience! Even my picky 12 year old thoroughly enjoyed his meal. Great service by all. Best sushi we've ever had.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

10 years later and it was delicious but go hungry. We opted for the guest omakase ($200/per) which does not necessarily add courses but apparently changes some of the ingredients. Our server was nice but prompt - really I struggle to describe her - maybe straightforward. Definitely not the chatty type.
Course after course of delicious food in huge (actually too large for so many courses) quantities. The stand outs are the oysters wrapped in Kobe, the salmon (by far the very freshest salmon), all the sashimi were excellent, lobster and crab legs (seriously it seemed like a pound), sea bass and steak.
See pictures with the his review.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate Yellowtail sashimi,tuna salad and Black cod during our visit. All the dishes were truly amazing, it tasted terrific. The waiter was superb, she was really nice, attentive and gave us good advices about the menu. Wish we had more time here, my girlfriend said this was probably one of her best meals ever.