“Simply Outstanding!!”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My friend and I didn't plan on going here but after doing a search for desert places this one popped up, so we gave it a try. It was Outstanding! We loved how ambiance of the place, very simple with a focus on white. Its a very small place where most patrons sit at the bar, there's two table for 5. As you are sitting at the bar you watch the deserts come to life in a very hypnotic relaxing style. They give you a little taste prior to you what you ordered of this ice cream dish with a jam. I had the cheesecake which was unlike any cheesecake I've every had. It was wonderful, amazingly light but with bold, warm, flavor that seemed to progress as you ate it. My friend had a chocolate dish that I'd recommend as well. The service was great and I plan on going back again!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was my second visit to ChikaLicious. This time I was able to take both my teenage girls with me. We were there on Sunday, December 23rd. It was a very warm December afternoon. Having been there before I knew I wanted to sit up at the "bar". There was a short wait but we were seated within 15 mintues. Keep in mind, the entire restaurant only hold about 27 people!! The china is beautfiul and each dessert has its own patterned china. My older (her first time here) ordered the classic "Cheesecake", my youngest ordered the Choclate Pudding Eclair with Banana ice cream. I ordered the most intersting dish and most delish. The sweet potatoe brule on pecan wafer with egg nog ice cream and maple spaghetti squash. On their own the flavour were yummy, together they were out of this world wonderful!! I can't wait to go back and visit . . . again. A must do when visiting NYC!!! Chika is wonderful and great to chat with and watch as she creates her masterpieces!

1  Thank sunshinesX3
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Was looking forward to having a great dessert, after a great dinner, but this place left me very disappointed. The coffee (we had cappuccinos) were just OK, nothing special. Decided to share the molten chocolate....very, very tiny...the size of a 2" circle...served with a very tiny taste of peppercorn ice cream..whatever that was, tasted as bad as it sounds!!!! The chef however, did come over to us with some very, tiny "tastings" which were just ok. Needless to say, I didn't have to worry about my ruining my diet. And the bill came out to $30....we were charged $16 for the tablespoon size molten chocolate tart that was on our plate. Not worth it...save your dressert for a place that actually serves food.

2  Thank Ralphsmom1
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Awesome place owner serves you with passion and attention to detail is the best. Well worth the trip for a coffee and one of the signature desserts.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Lots of interesting choices, standard desserts have been re-invented. You need to go and try it for yourself! Go with friends so you can share different treats.