“Will never go back.”

Ivo & Lulu
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Well, where do we start.....Perhaps not taking our restaurant.com certificate valid during the weekends on a Friday when the restaurant was EMPTY, the "sweet potatoes with gruyere cheese" appetizer that came to us still frozen in the center, the smudged glassware, the missing butter, the menu without prices but 3 prix fix options where you MUST pick an appetizer or dessert even if you don't want to (otherwise each entree is $30!), the "you can't share a prix fix" or the "cash only" policy.....not sure which is the main reason why I will not go back to Ivo & Lulu.
I must say it is unfortunate because it was one of my hidden gems in NYC, especially for wine lovers (being BYOB). Very sad to see a good place become SO bad.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

We found this restaurant in zagat. On the outside it does not scream "excellent cuisine" but we were amazed to find a great collection of super appealing french inspired and extremely creative entrees, including a avocado mousse. Also, pretty much all entrees were $15 so it was great value. I ate the chicken with papaya and goat cheese sauce and I can say it was the best chicken I have ever eaten. Not sure if it was because it was organic, but it was just delicious. You have to bring your own alcohol or soft drinks (they only serve water - there's a little convenience store at the corner) but it is absolutely worth it. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 May 2009

BYOB!

Reviewed 11 May 2009

Best attribute is BYOB and it is casual and inexpensive.

Reviewed 27 April 2008

Awesome BYOB spot with delicious entrees and appetizers. Very hospitable staff.