“Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! Deserves its 3 Michelin Stars” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13,335 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
New Haven, Connecticut
“Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! Deserves its 3 Michelin Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We went for a really special anniversary. The entire staff was perfect from the moment you entered the beautiful restaurant to the moment you left. The wait staff was really helpful in explaining the menu and the wines. Dishes and cutlery were placed on the table (and removed when the course was finished) with synchronized artistic flourish in our case by two waiters. It was fun to watch. Water appeared in your glass without you having asked for it and without you having noticed it. Each course was accompanied by new sparking cutlery. We were there for over three hours. They never rushed us.

The food was fabulous. We each had a fixed price 3 course meal. The scallop ceviche appetizer was fabulous. One of us had the Colorado lamb and the other the sea bass. Both were fabulous. The deserts were great. I am running out of superlative adjectives. Even the 5 or 6 different types of bread they served were great. I tried them all. I particularly liked the mini-baguettes.

After the official deserts they served a couple of additional mini-deserts. They realized it was our anniversary and they then presented us with a gorgeous complimentary desert.

We overdosed on all the chocolate. We had to go for a long walk after the meal. It was a beautiful New York night. It was a perfect, perfect, prefect anniversary.

1 Thank MkMD11

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Night to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

On a trip to New York, a girlfriend and I wanted to do something special to celebrate our significant birthdays. Having done some research we decided to try Daniel's as the reviews were excellent. We managed to get a table luckily and it definitely did not disappointed. for those overseas, it proved easier to book once in NY rather than online.

It was an incredible evening . We relished the chance to dress up, but even in our best we felt a little nervous cause of the fanciness. However they made us feel like princesses and could not do enough for us. The atmosphere was elegant and beautiful, the service was impeccable and the food was amazing! They catered for both our food requirements (vegetarian and gluten free) and each plate was a work of art. The wine and cocktails were delicious and for dessert I opted for the cheese platter. It was incredible, so many types of amazing cheeses. The night was certainly memorable for all the right reasons.

1 Thank Tess H
New York City, New York
“Expectations exceeded!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a former colleague I worked with in France. He said the food was "legit french", so I was naturally intrigued. I took my fiancé there for her birthday, and we were both quite satisfied with the experience. Highly recommend.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paul L
Brussels, Belgium
“Im a big foodie but expected much more.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been in over 10 3-star michelin restaurants and i didn't think this one was so fantastic. I went to eleven madison park the day after i went to daniel and it made my whole experience in daniel melt like ice in the sun. Daniel was good don't get me wrong but its not an experience i will still remember in 6 months.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Emmanuel V
new jersey
“Perfect Anniversary Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Daniel for our anniversary. We ordered the three course meal which is $125 and well worth it. The special foie gras appetizer was the best I have ever had. I had the black cod for main course and its was very good but my husband had the rabbit and it was incredible. I will definitely be ordering that on our next visit. The desserts were delicious and looked like a piece of artwork when served. Our waiter kept coming out with complimentary little tasting portions. The bread tray kept coming by and we tasted almost every bread and each was extraordinary. They even gave us a complimentary "Happy Anniversary" dessert. The service staff was very friendly and helpful. It was an unforgettable evening.

1 Thank rhonda512