“Still The Best”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Lexington Avenues
Transit: 6 train to 51st Street E, M trains to Lexington Ave/53rd Street 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R to 59th Street / Lexington Ave
Description: The Grill Room at The Four Seasons Restaurant is truly a New York phenomenon. Attracting New Yorkers for generations, it's played host to every major social event from JFK's 45th birthday party to Manhattan's last Grammy Awards celebration. Open Monday through Friday, the Grill Room is home to the original New York "Power Lunch." At night the Grill caters to those interested in flavorful cocktails and a bite to eat within Phillip Johnson's one-of-a-kind design.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Still a beautiful restaurant! Service, food, presentation & ambiance stellar! I've been going to the restaurant for years probably since it opened & have never been disappointed love The Pool Room! Their style is fabulous people taking care of you constantly they want you to have a wonderful dining experience. Yes it's pricey but worth it!

2  Thank Don51644

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a lovely dinner. Loved sitting in the upper area along the edge looking down on the room. Pre theater menu was pricey, but everything was and that was to be expected. Interesting to have the servers all in their own suits and ties. The asparagus appetizer wasn't too exciting, but the vegetarian entree made for me was heavenly. We were treated to an extra surprise of cotton candy. Lovely. The service was divine.

1  Thank BBBBTravel
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We met family for a festive dinner in the Pool Room. The service was pleasant but not extraordinary. I found a large spot of unknown origin on my water glass, which was pointed out to the water. This shouldn't happen in a pricey, well-reviewed and supposedly elegant establishment. I ordered a spinach salad, which was limp and overly laden with dressing. I enjoyed one of their specials, soft shell crabs, but my husband disliked the topping. I had a very good almond daquise for dessert, but my husband struck out on their strawberry shortcake. No extra amuse buches accompanied the meal, which was a surprise for an upscale restaurant.

In terms of decor, it had shabby carpeting. The smaller room near the bar was lovely and I enjoyed looking at the somewhat faded early Picasso. All in all, a disappointing experience. Looks like it's coasting on a prior reputation.

1  Thank adventurousseniors
Reviewed 26 April 2014

If you have a special event where the glamor and ambiance are important this would be the place. 40 foot ceilings, fresh flowers hanging in the windows, a huge Picasso lining the entrance wall, and large fountain pool in the center set the stage. One of my pet peeves is not being able to hear my dinner guests speak due to tables being on top of each other and general loud ambient noise. Not here, spacious seating and a serene dining room perfectly compliment the top notch service and food.

4  Thank Martin L
Reviewed 17 April 2014

As soon as you enter The Pool Room, you know you are in a special place. The ambiance is awesome and the food is divine. We were celebrating a special birthday and the evening was exactly what we were hoping for. We were four adults. We had a crab cake, asparagus soup and Froi Gras for appetizers. Everything was delicious! The Froi Gras was superb! For the main course we had the Duck, Steak, and Dover Sole. The Duck was great, the Steak tender, and the Dover Sole beyond delicious. For dessert we had chocolate soufflés(fantastic) and ice cream. They brought us a giant ball of Cotton Candy with a candle for the "Special" Birthday Girl. It was as wonderful a night as we could imagine. Can't wait to go back!

3  Thank hapimarni