“My most favourite restaurant ever!”
Review of 21 Club

21 Club
Reserve with OpenTable
21 Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$41 - US$90
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: 1/9 to 50th Street/Broadway E/V to 53rd Street/Fifth Avenue B/D/R to Rockefeller Center
Description: Time-honored tipples, world-class wines, classic cuisine and surroundings steeped in history... New York City Restaurants From appetizing bar bites and artisanal beers, to signature cocktails and a Grand Award-winning wine list, Bar '21' & Lounge is the perfect place for a light lunch or a pre-theatre cocktail. Enjoy a drink at the bar and rub shoulders with New York's famous faces or secure a seat in the comfy, cozy lounge.
Poulton-le-Fylde, England
“My most favourite restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I love this restaurant - so much so that my now husband booked a trip in Sept 2013 and proposed to me there to my complete surprise. The food, atmosphere and service is outstanding and I just love the attention to detail and quality that is evident from the moment that you enter to the moment that you leave. Thank goodness there are still places like this. Due back in NY in Sept and we will be back

• Visited September 2013

Panama City, Florida
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had an amazing time at 21 Club! We really have nothing negative to say whatsoever. We were greeted promptly at the door. Once we gave him our name, every member of the wait staff from then on knew our name. They also knew it was our anniversary even though I had only briefly mentioned it in our reservation. The waiters are absolute professionals. And, of course, the food was amazing as well. Highly recommend!

Sydney, Australia
“21Club New York - an NYC icon”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

21 Club in NYC is one of the iconic Manhattan restaurants. Named after its address, 21 W 52nd Street, it is quite near to the MOMA in the bustling midtown area. Bookings well ahead are absolutely essential. Dress code was purported to be quite strict "tie for gentlemen compulsory" - but on arrival, I viewed many open neck shirts, though certainly a jacket is required.

There is a bar available on entry to wait for friends and so on. The restaurant area is typical NYC - lots of talk, lots of activity. The ceiling area is adorned with hanging models of every vehicle type imaginable - gifts from well credential led clients of note. Each one has a story I'm told.

The menu spans the range of typical American food, and there should be something to appeal to most tastes, but I wouldn't call it "gourmet" - however, the food was of a high quality, The wine list weighs in at 85 pages, with it's own index. The waiter told us the entire restaurant area at basement level, the cellar, holds 25,000 bottles. Sadly, virtually no Australian or New Zealand wines. This was readily admitted, with the comment that those wines were simply not in demand by the clientele.

All told, 21 Club delivers what you expect. A unique dining experience in a NYC icon. My daughter had been a while ago, and wondered what all the fuss was about with the diner at the adjoining table. Then she realised it was Donald Trump and friends. Such is life in the Big Apple.

Definitely worth a visit if dining out appeals. But I'd say that one visit would suffice, in part because of the great many other "iconic" choices in NYC.

Wigan, England
“Amazing and memorable”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place defines fine dining and excellent service. The food was delicious, the drinks were excellent, especially the strawberry rhubarb daiquiri and an excellent wine list. Service is superb from start to finish from the maître-de to the bar staff to the restaurant.
When planning our trip, my friend and I had seen the recommendations on Trip Advisor and decided to treat ourselves to an NYC fine dining experience and we're not disappointed. It was truly an excellent evening, highly recommended and I will be back next time I'm in NYC. An absolute highlight, loved it

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Amazing. Seriously.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

From start to finish, this place defines Ye Olde New York and fine dining. The atmosphere excludes exclusivity, premium service, and an authentic polished way. Our food was delicious and served promptly, the drinks were divine, and the service was top notch. The one teensy downside was that our waiter (not the maitre-d, but the one who actually took our order) seemed a bit aloof and distant, like he didn't want to be there…maybe he just had an "off" day or something. But aside from that, every single staff member was the definition of poise and grace, and I will definitely return on my next visit to NYC.

1 Thank itsallgood1277