“Fantastic food, service and views.”

Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #793 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 43nd Street
Transit: 4,5,6,7 & S Train to Grand Central.
Description: Location: Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C. is located in the North and West balconies of Grand Central Terminal at 23 Vanderbilt Avenue at 44th Street in Manhattan. Seating: Main dining room: 160Bar Area: 60 people at the barLounge Area: 32 Private Dining Rooms: Michael’s Room: 7Parlor Room: 12Wine Salon: communal table seats 20Semi-Private area: 30 Cuisine: Steakhouse Design: The design harkens back to the glory days of luxury train travel, yet incorporates distinct elements of a traditional steakhouse.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Ate here on an impulsive decision one evening and wasn't disappointed. Was seated quickly over looking the balcony. I had the salmon with a side of fries and my husband had the '23' burger with a side of macaroni cheese. The portions were huge! My salmon was lovely and I hardly made a dent in the fries as was so stuffed. My husband's burger was nice too, maybe a little undercooked but otherwise tasty. The macaroni cheese as a side dish was massive and could have been mistaken as a main on its own. It was delicious, so cheesy and creamy. The service was quick, funny and made me laugh. I had no room for pudding however my husband had the apple pie which could have fed 3 people. I nibbled some as a waiter winked at me as he brought out two spoons! The apple pie pastry just melted in your mouth. I would recommend this place for sure. Bill came to $102 for 2 mains, 2 sides, 2 drinks and a dessert which I thought was okay considering the amount we got.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The setting in a Grand Central Terminal is outstanding. The place goes downhill from there. I was there for a banquet with a professional conference. The service was mediocre at best.n the food was average. The chairs showed wear with rips and tacks exposed. Can't recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Best steak - simple and perfectly cooked and seasoned. Yum! We sat at a table just on the balcony and had terrific views of the heart of beautiful Grand Central Station. The ceiling of the station is very special and beautiful too. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and soaking in the ambience and people watching.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I dined here in late April and had a fabulous experience - excellent service, food, and ambiance (looking down on the hustle and bustle of grand central station). Because of that visit, I returned in May. It was like the bizarro version. We had the worst service ever - waiting on drinks even after asking 2-3 times. Ordered one salad and served another. Steak ordered medium rare, served well done and marbled with fat. Tardy refills. Waiter asked on member of our party if he was finished eating while he had a forkful of food in hand. Coffee came 10 min after we finished dessert. I spoke with the manager. He took the overlooked steak off the bill, but that was it. So hard to tell which is the real experience - is it the great one or this one? Not sure if I will be back to find out with so many great options in NYC.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

It is the most expensive restaurant with the most horrible meal in NYC. On 05.09.2014 we paid $250 for 3 non chewable raw steaks, although we ordered all of them to be well-done. I would not advise anyone to go to that restaurant, because not only will you be robbed off of your money but also won't get the food you expect to get. It's NYC, get another restaurant.

1  Thank Greg G