“Not worth the price tag”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fresco by Scotto

Fresco by Scotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresco by Scotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,072 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$18 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park & Madison
Transit: 5th ave station on E and M line. 51st street station 6 line. 47-50 station B,D,F.
Description: Fresco By Scotto, a true family business in NYC, has been serving fresh, authentic Italian dishes in our upscale, modern dining space since 1993, and we’ve loved every second of it. We’re proud to be a destination spot for locals and many high-profile guests, too -- any and all are welcome here with us. This restaurant really is a labor of love, and nothing makes us happier than sharing our passion with all of you. No matter the occasion, we’re sure to make it special and treat you to an evening of bites and sips you won’t soon forget.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the price tag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Nice Italian menu, with not your everyday dishes. You will pay midtown NY prices - which I am OK with as long as the quality and service match. Unfortunately, we had to wait a very long time for our waiter, who then proceeded to take a long time to take our order, bring our food, etc. The wine steward (I would not call him a sommelier) was also very pushy for his idea of the perfect wine. I had the cavatelli which was very greasy. We also had the penne gratin - which was really just a mac and cheese, the spaghetti with clams was underwhelming, and I am missing a dish. Everything was tasty, but I see no need to ever return.

• Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“UTTERLY FABULOUS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Do not miss this restaurant if you go to New York!

The freshly made home made pasta melts in your mouth and is better than I have had in Italy. It is just sensational!

It is owner run, the service is excellent and I cannot recommend it highly enough. This was my first time and without doubt it is now one of my very favourite restaurants in New York.

1 Thank Michael C
Houston, Texas, USA
“outstanding food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

You must try the potato chips with cheese. They are amazing!!!
My daughter ordered the meatballs and they were to die for.
I ordered salmon and it was cooked perfectly.
I must reccommed this wonderful restaurant.

Visited October 2013
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Not what I expected for price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Place is very upscale - menu limited. Food was ok. Portions were big. Staff was way too pretentious. They wouldn't let us serve ourselves our own appetizer. Every time I said we can do it. Another suit would come over and just take over. Serving soda in a wine glass- a little over the top. $50+ a person for a pasta lunch and soda is a little much even for NYC

Philadelphia
“expensive but excellent lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Ate here recently for lunch. The staff was attentive and service was prompt. I had the yellow fin tuna entree which was delicious. Room was very noisy-lots of business customers. I would recommend this restaurant if price is no option and you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013