“Family Night in NYC ”
Review of Fresco by Scotto

Fresco by Scotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresco by Scotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #994 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$18 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park & Madison
Transit: 5th ave station on E and M line. 51st street station 6 line. 47-50 station B,D,F.
Description: Fresco By Scotto, a true family business in NYC, has been serving fresh, authentic Italian dishes in our upscale, modern dining space since 1993, and we’ve loved every second of it. We’re proud to be a destination spot for locals and many high-profile guests, too -- any and all are welcome here with us. This restaurant really is a labor of love, and nothing makes us happier than sharing our passion with all of you. No matter the occasion, we’re sure to make it special and treat you to an evening of bites and sips you won’t soon forget.
Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
“Family Night in NYC ”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We we're recommend to try Fresco on 52nd St.
Nice food and good wine but a .... of a waiter !!!
This is sadly very common in NYC.
I order a bottle of wine and the waiter says... Can I suggest something better !!!
The service was painful.
Would I go back ??
For the Food. Yes
Service ... No
Ciao.

Aurora, Colorado
“Very good, but pricey”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were starving, and really just tripped over this restaurant, so decided to stop in. It was a bit pricey, but the food was excellent, and the staff very accommodating. Marco was my waiter, and he was very aware of when to ask questions, and when to step back. I did not feel "smothered" at all. I had an appetizer (Potato & Zucchini Chips) for dinner because I eat VERY small portions, but my coworker had the Spiced, Seared & Sliced Yellow Fin Tuna and thought it was the best she had ever had. We had their house wine, and their house drink (a lemon Martini type) and it was all very wonderful. The Bartender Michelle, was incredible. We talked for a good while on different drinks I have had on other trips at different places, and she was willing to make anything we wanted and suggested drinks based on our likes and dislikes.
I would definitely go here again, now that I know the pricing it would be more of a special occasion, but because of the great service and people, I felt it was priced fairly. Had it not been for Marco and Michelle, I might not feel the same way. So to me pricing does include the ambience in this particular review.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Delicious but pricey and then there is the service...”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Truth be told, the food has been consistently delicious. Having said that, it is not the place to go if you want to enjoy a well priced meal. Of course, there are pricier restaurants in NYC but generally you have a luxurious experience in exchange for the extra dollars. At Fresco you won't get that. The tables are packed tighter than your average NYC diner and the service can be lacking or virtually nonexistent. If you are willing to overlook the cramped space and lack of service, then you will enjoy a high price meal as opposed to a truly delectable dining experience well worth the price you are paying. I say look for other options, after all this is NYC!

• Visited April 2014
South Carolina
“Delicious but pricey”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a fabulous dinner here! I had their spaghetti with Sicilian meatballs and he the pasta with shrimp. I started with the Caesar salad which had the perfect amount of dressing - wasn't smothered. The meatballs were beyond flavorful. We will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014
Midlothian, Virginia
“Lovely Valentines dinner”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Good service, excellent food. Great location as well. The menu was varied and suited all of the party's needs. Everything was beautifully presented and yummy. We had a wonderful evening.

Visited February 2014