“STILL NICE”

The Blue Bar, Algonquin Hotel
Ranked #91 of 864 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Comfortable and classic, the lounge of the Algonquin Hotel is a New York landmark.
Mount Kisco, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“STILL NICE”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The Tea Room and Matilda the cat are still there but I just didn't feel like sitting down. The Lobby and front desk are still OK but something is missing. The 'homey' feeling has been replaced by a sterility difficult to explain.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank purkasz

London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worst cocktails in Manhatten”
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

$22 for an Old Fashioned which was as smooth as a lick of Tarmac and took the tender 22 seconds to make. Horrendous.

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice but expensive”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I joked and told my husband that it would hard to be an alcoholic in Manhatten unless you are rich! The atmosphere is great and the music jazzy or oldie, but for two drinks, our tab was $60 with tip! A nice splurge but not something you would do all the time.

Visited October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sophisticated setting and prices”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We knew it wouldn't be cheap here, but I wanted to sip my cocktail in style 'cause it was my birthday. I deserve it:-) The lounge has a luxury ambient and you can imagine how the writers/critics elite like Dorothy Parker and the like were having drink induced conversations here. My hubby had the Manhattan and I had the Cosmopolitan...hmmm. Sip it slowly, take it in and don't be ashamed to munch every last complimentary spiced nut:-)

Visited July 2012