“Overrated”

Ranked #74 of 843 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been for a walk in Canal street and we tried to leave as soon as possible. We dinn't encounter any problem, however, we found that overall it was an area that didn't suit us and in any case it was not what was described in our guide as a place to shop from local salesmen etc. I wouldn.t bother to go there again.

3  Thank ilGrec0

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I found that the salespeople were pushy and aggressive and even insulting. The prices were okay (after negotiating off the ridiculously high price tags). Pretty much the merchandise is the same. I could have passed on this "attraction".

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Not the authentic China Town experience I treasure, but a completely different thing! Exciting and a little "dangerous" (not!). Lots of fun for the... intriguing shopping! You do get what you pay for...

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We were told about Canal Street by a regular New Tork visitor who told us it is something you should experience when you go to New York. It was a bit scary but it was a bit of fun just to see what you can get. We didn't purchase anything as if you can't have the real thing there is no point but we still found it amazing.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I didn't enjoy this place…but my girlfriend loved it! Although life felt imperiled, the bargains where worth the risk. Went for a foot massage in China Town right after….aahhhh

1  Thank Areallyniceguy