“Inconsistent” 2 of 5 bubbles

Amici II
Ranked #1,632 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Description: Here at Amici II we serve only the best of our homemade dishes from our native city of Napoli !! Amici means friends and over the decades our customers have become just that! As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. They enjoy the friendly service, classic recipes, fresh ingredients, and most of all, the bold Italian flavors at A mici II Ristorante. We would like to thank you all!!
Richmond, Virginia
“Inconsistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I decided to come here for dinner, since we were walking in the area. The service was inconsistent, the waiters paying more attention to the guest that were seated outside. We have to asked for olive oil for our bread when the outside guest was given a small bowl with the herb olive oil, the we was given just a bottle of oil and a bottle of balsamic vinegar.
We have pizza, calamari and gnocchi. None of them were very good, small portion and expensive. Our teenage kid was not satisfied, so we have to find another restaurant to have dinner after Amici dinner.

1 Thank deb-5584

• Slovak first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and phenomenal atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had 7 o' clock Reservation. We deflianty be at the top if the places in little. Italy ..the food was excellent..the staff was phenomenal.,the atmosphere was perfect...on my next trip to NYC..the started , main course and dessert fantastic. Order. The waiter .he recomender. The. Winne perfect all service. The other vacations. Next year come back whit my family and friends ..thanks. all staff.....

1 Thank Julio G
Valhalla, New York
“A SAFE HAVEN”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Comfortably seated at an outside table we stayed with the basics.
A shared Calamari appetizer was freshly plentiful yet too crunchy.

We then opted for lunch specials which at $9.99 were a true bargain.
The Penne Alla Vodka & Chicken Parmigiana (w/spaghetti) were sizable and acceptable.

Service was polite and prompt as our meals arrived timely / water glasses were quickly refilled.

In an area with multiple "tourist traps" Amici 2 is a safe haven.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Nice food mamma mia!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I was in the city with my family we are from Utica Central New York walking around Canal Street my wife wanted to know the Little Italy area and we went to browse the place all of a sudden we landed in this georgeous fried calamari and caprese salad served restaurant with a nice environment the staff was pretty good and besides the calamari we tried a delicious bottle of wine served by the house and the sangria was unbeatable my children tried pizza pepperoni and napolitana..we will never regret !!!
Nice place very I think any Italian restaurant can't beat a real Italian taste finishing our dinner with a cannoli and tiramisu.
I highly recommend this real Italian restaurant to all people!!!.

1 Thank Cristopher G
Virginia
“Not bad, but not the best either.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our annual NYC visit always includes at least one dinner in Little Italy--I know, it's an area past it's prime but nostalgia beckons. Just like in Italy, we stroll the streets and check the menus and then decide where to eat. This time we chose Amici II. The staff were very nice and menu choices were good--not everything we would have liked to see, but enough. I had a pasta dish which was very good, but a bit pricey. (I usually don't order pasta out because I prefer to order something I would never fix myself at home, but I wasn't super hungry,) My daughter had a more elaborate seafood dish which was very good, and we shared a carafe of wine. We had a great table, under cover, out of the wind, but outside--perfect for people watching. Amici II was at least as good as most of the places we have been to in Little Italy. While good enough, with so many other options yet to explore we probably won't put this on our list of "repeats".

Visited June 2014