“Great Irish pub”
Review of Tavern 29

Tavern 29
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,255 of 14,526 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Friendly service and an impressive long list of beers available. But - they forgot the pilsners! An oversight but is needed!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Went here for lunch one Friday. I got the tavern burger medium rare with a side salad. The burger was cooked pretty much perfectly, very large and juicy. Side salad was a little skimpy, but overall, pretty good. They have a great selection of draft beers. Bartender was great and let me sample a few before I made my choice. This was important since the beers are pretty expensive...as is everything in this place. I truly enjoyed my lunch, but a burger and 2 beers shouldn't be $35.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The place was beautiful. I loved the three floors. However, the burger was mostly bun. I loved the fries. I would go back for the fries.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stopped by here for a late afternoon brunch to catch the football games. I walked in and was seated right away. The decor was really cool and it looked like a very fun bar. I had the eggs benedict with some fresh oj. The food and service was great! Definitely recommend this place for a brunch spot or to meet up with friends!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were staying nearby Tavern 29, and that's really the only reason we went in. First night: Saturday evening, we ended up sitting in the ground floor section, as the music on the second floor was just too loud. We had some food, which was pretty good. Service was OK - the female bartender was far more interested in bending forward in front of any male patrons to worry too much about great service.

The second visit was the next afternoon - we sat on the roof terrace. Service can be a little slow, as the staff have to go back downstairs to get most drinks - but friendly/quick service.

The third and final visit: we didn't even get a drink. We did order drinks eventually, and the female bartender said something about being on her own, and she wasn't ignoring us (I think in reference to taking so long for her to come to us in the first place). After waiting for ages for our drinks to come, while we watched all the other staff just milling about and our server was busy chatting to other customers, we decided not to waste any more of our time here.

There's loads of bars close by, where they value your custom - we'll be sure to visit one of these in the future.