“Wonderful Food and Ambiance in Harlem”
Review of Barawine

Barawine
Reserve with OpenTable
Barawine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,395 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Cross street: 120th
Transit: Take the 2 or 3 trains to 116th Street
Description: Barawine is a neighbor restaurant in central Harlem. We are serving a full menu and a 250 wine list selections, 40 by the glass, in a charming decor.
New York, New York, United States
“Wonderful Food and Ambiance in Harlem”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I are frequent guests of Owner, Fabrice, and Chef Christophe at this fantastic new restaurant/bar in Harlem. We love it! Having such a fine eatery so close to our home makes it an added benefit for us and our neighbors. It's become a favorite spot for many in the area and when we have the chance we recommend it to friends. That says it all!

• Visited April 2014

Paris, France
“Good place”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I spent a very good time yesterday in this place.
I went with my wife and my two children with no reservation. The restaurant was full and they told me it was impossible without reservation...
In fact, I asked if they could recommend me another place because I was lost and first time for me in this area (came from France), finally the kindly hostess worked hard and found me a table for four :-)
The staff is so lovely, we had a guy very kind from Burkina Faso who could speak a perfect French with us. Don't speak of Rebeca, a lovely girl from Quebec,Qc who was efficient, beautiful, french spoking and so good in her suggestions.
Let's talk about food! It was so tasty and so good. It's not big portion but it's really time to eat more with your mouth instead of your stomach, no ?
Wine were good and served at good temperature.
It is not cheap but for New York, it's very honest

Let's talk about Fabrice, the boss, a nice guy from France. I'm so surprised a customer said in Yelp that he was racist against Arabian people because I'm Arabian from France and he was perfect with me and I felt good welcome
I'll probably be back (like Schwartzi ;-D)

Visited April 2014
Skyros, Greece
“Cool place”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Nice wines and good food. I had dinner once and a super branch with a lot of mimoza!!!! super.
Nice location.

• Visited January 2014
Victoria, Canada
“A pleasant experience .....”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Dropped in for a late-ish light repast, and ended up with Raclette among us. Very nice, relaxed atmosphere. Will come again next time in Harlem within walking distance, but wdn,t go out of my way. As the Frogs say, worth the stop, but not the diversion, nor the journey! I,d really like to give them 3.5 green blobs out of 5, but 3 is "Average" and they deserve slightly better than that.

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“it was nice”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Happening place. Great wine selection. The owner is a bit rude French guy, he was disciplining his staff in front of customers. I can bet this place is even nicer in the summer when thieir sidewalk café opens up.

• Visited March 2014