“Lovely rooms”

Ranked #7 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely rooms”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel has some lovely rooms and I always enjoy my visits here. I stay here when I'm in town on business but hope to return soon with my wife.
Staff are friendly and polite. Bitan on reception is especially great!
Go for a suite.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Dave A,

We certainly appreciate the great feedback as well as your continued loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon as we will make sure you both have a memorable stay with us.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was a bit torn on whether to award 3 or 4 stars for The Towers at NY Palace. My wife and I only stayed for one night and it was our first visit to NY, so it's difficult to make a fair comparison - so by all means take this review with a pinch of salt. The other reviwers with more experience of NY are probably better informed.

I suspect this is the 2nd most expensive hotel I've stayed in at my own expense (at nearly $600 a night incl tax without breakfast), behind only the Cipriani in Venice. Because of the significance of this fact, my rating is heavily influenced by value for money even though most other aspects were very good or better. The staff were generally helpful and the room was vast, modern, clean and very well appointed. But, unfortunately, even $600 for a 47th floor in NY does not guarantee expansive views which was the real driver for going a little upmarket We did get a view, but they were just slithers between other tall buildings.

To be fair to the hotel, it seems all NY hotels are outrageously expensive and this was certainly not the most expensive.

The hotel has a nicely appointed gym, but not a pool. The Towers has a separate reception to the main hotel with an express lift to the upper floors - and when we walked in, it offered the promise of something very special. However, when we arrived early in the morning we had held out hope of getting an early check-in given the size and guest turnover at the hotel, and of course the cost. We didn't, so we left our bags at the main concierge and the receptionist said she'd phone as soon as a room was ready. She phoned us at 14.53, 7 minutes before our contractual check in time! When we arrived later, we had to collect our bags from concierge - they hadn't even taken them to our room.

On the positive side, I think it was the largest hotel room I've ever had in a large city, massive walk in wardrobe and large bed dwarfed by the size of room. I'd say it was equivalent to at least 4 typical Parisian hotel rooms - but as this was a short leisure stay, this was probably an unnecessary extravagance. Next time, we'd look at hotels on periphery of central park, as this is the only way to guarantee a view I guess - which was more important to us.

They allowed us to use the hotel to freshen up in the evening after we had checked out and other than the mild annoyance of not getting an early check-in, the staff were very helpful, polite and professional.

This was not a bad hotel, in fact it was a very good one, it's just a question of value for money relative to my own (admittedly European) expectations. If we'd had a memorable room service breakfast, my whole perception about value for money may have been very different.

5 Thank Conrad_J2
Dear Conrad_J2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your stay with us last month. I am sorry to hear the views were not up to your expectation, however I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope to welcome you both back to our hotel in the future.

LONDON
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The newly revamped towers rooms and suites are quite simply the best rooms in new york. I have stayed at many others for comparison. Tasteful and luxurious decor, crestron smart-room control, bigger than other hotels. Great position on Madison avenue, great views from City view rooms. As a family we used a more traditional 3 bedroom suite (of which there are view genuine ones in new york) which was quite simply enormous, and later after most of the family left I used one of the modernised one bedroom corner suites which was as cutting edge as any rival suite I have experiencd in manhattan. The Tower suites remain the premier rooms in Manhattan. My only suggestion for room for improvement might be a slightly more "modern"/international/varied and healthy cuisine room service menu, but this is a minor but if constructive criticism and is irrelevant in comparison to the obvious winnings of the rest if the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear MARKHLONDON,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback and I will pass this along to our culinary team. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in the Towers and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful visit to NYC and loved our stay at The Towers at The New York Palace. We travel to NYC regularly and in the past we liked to stay at different hotels. After the beautiful room and tremendous service and care of all of the staff, especially Bitan Haidar at reception and Ms Jakubik, we are already booking our next stay at Towers! It really is a perfect hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
Dear JLO20142013,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we will already see you back very soon. I will also make sure to pass along your kind comments to both Bitan and Ms. Jakubik.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I stay in New York multiple days per week and always try to be at the Palace. The rooms, especially with the recent renovation, are always nice no matter which one you are in. But most important is the sincere enjoyment of the people. All take a point to know you by name. Everyone is quick with a hello. They really want to help. For example, as I am often in the Towers, one of my favorite people is Anne-Marie. She is always quick to greet with a smile, ask how the day has been, tell a funny story if there is time, and help whenever needed. Not too long ago I left a phone piece in my room and reached for her since I had seen her that morning. She took immediate care to track it down and have it ready for me. Great personal attention. It really is a consistently great place

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Rcedmunds,

I cannot thank you enough for sharing this great review with us. As General Manager it makes me even more proud to know that we have ladies and gentleman that give their genuine best to our guest and that it makes that important difference when choosing hotels. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to seeing you many times in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Excellent in every way. Hotel was just renovated, everyone was great, service was great. Stayed in Towers in August it was great, just stayed in main hotel also great. Reservations Brian Becker is always a pleasure to deal with and always makes sure customer is happy with their room. Had breakfast downstairs, and the hostesses Jessica and Agnes are always pleasant and try to seat you as soon as possible. Our new favorite hotel in NYC!

Room Tip: If possible stay overlooking St. Partrick's Cathedral.
Dear Mark M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated Tower rooms, restaurants, and service. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team, especially Brian, Jessica, and Agnes. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We havent been back to NYC for 2 years. The renovations at the Palace looks great. The staff at the Towers are always great. We had a great room on the 48th floor, looking over the cathedral. We had breakfast but did not have dinner there. Breakfast was great as well.

Room Tip: Stay in the Towers
Dear Spencer124,

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and renovations prompted this very kind review. We hope to see you more often than every two years!